Country Kitchen

(760) 366-8988

Country Kitchen Joshua Tree Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
I would go back just for the dates shake! Feb 15, 2014
Joshua Tree Country Kitchen is in a location that is very easy to spot along Highway 62, near the Joshua Tree National Park Visitor Center. The restaurant itself is tiny and gets crowded real fast. The interior adornment of the restaurant are all sorts of trinkets; some I find cute but, mostly not my kind. The wall by our table is a picture of some celebrity from cooking show who visited the place. According, to some reviews I’ve read; the little place was featured in that cooking show. It was a surprise to me also to find out that the restaurant is own and run by a Cambodian married couple! The husband is friendly but; the wife does not possess a smiling countenance.

We had to wait for a few to get a vacant table, but our order was taken immediately once seated. Another few minute was spent waiting for our orders to deliver on our table. The foods although may not be the best-tasting; it is not bad at all either. At least it’s piping hot! I highly recommend trying their “Dates Shake!” It is sooo good and yummy! The shake is less sweet, but you can taste the nutty flavor of the dates.

Despite the non-smiley wife, and food taste that is just average; we would certainly dine here again! After all, there is not many places to eat in that area.
the façade of the restaurant
menu
spocklogic says:
You should watch Anthony Bourdain on the TV. If you like travel and food, he makes must see TV to watch.
cotton_foam says:
Well, I don't watch television shows! ;-)
But I had it in my caption in one of the photos that he's a "host of a travel/food show"... ;-)
spocklogic says:
Not a celebrity of a cooking show and that is Anthony Bourdain, a famous 'foodie' traveler on TV with shows like "No Reservations" and "Parts Unknown"! C'mon, May...
TRE69 TRE69
Pit Stop for Breakfast Aug 31, 2008
Country Kitchen was the suggested pit stop after viewing the sun rise over Joshua Tree National Park. This joint is tiny but the cramped quarters give the place a cozy feel. If you are looking for ambiance, Country Kitchen doesn't have it. From the looks of the other customers, this place sees a lot of traffic from visitors to the park.

Our waitress was this chunky Asian woman who resembled one of my mom's friends. Anyways...Country Kitchen serves standard American breakfast fare.

I ordered the short stack of blueberry pancakes and bacon. The pancakes were fluffy and tasted good. But the best part was the BACON! It was thick cut, smoky, and crisp but not burnt!

I think Danny ordered the biscuits and country gravy...it was ok...I kinda would have liked to see the actual biscuits but they were completely smothered with country gravy.

If you are starving after a rugged foray in the desert, then Country Kitchen is definitely the place to eat.

Check Joshua Tree Hotel Deals