Cottontree Backpackers

Average rate: $21 - Hotel class: 2.5 stars
15 The Esplanade Cottontree, Maroochydore, Australia
Cottontree Backpackers - I didn't really have any pictures with no people in but this is the front of the hostel!
Cottontree Backpackers - Pretty much the view from the front gate.
Cottontree Backpackers - I think you can tell it's a fun place!! You can also see a little bit of the inside too.
Cottontree Backpackers - Lower table and garden
Cottontree Backpackers - Lower table and garden

Check Maroochydore Hotel Deals

Cottontree Backpackers Maroochydore Reviews

mistere mistere
Great location, not so nice owner Sep 15, 2013
I was travelling around Eastern Australia in 2011 and I tagged along with someone who ended up at this Hostel. I'd just left Brisbane and it was heading towards Christmas and I had no idea what to expect of this place when I got there.

I have to say it was such a great place that I ended up working there for four months! However there were some not so great things about it but I will come to them later.

So number one best thing about this hostel is it's location. You are so close to the beach! It is literally a stones throw away and I think the cost to stay reflects that in a way. The hostel also had a cricket set, fishing rods and surfboards too! So plenty to do there.

The manager Jodie was also one of the best things about it too! If you meet her you will know why!

I'm not sure if there has been renovation recently but I remember it needed a lot of work doing to it while I was there. The building was quite old and the owner hadn't reall spent much on the building structurally. That said, the amenities and people more than make up for it, along with the pool table.

For those wanting to work somewhere on the Sunshine coast, this hostel also runs trips to strawberry farms in about March/April time.

I had a great time at this hostel but if you go there you will understand what I mean about the owner. Don't spend too long in the shower while she's around otherwise she will actually tell you off!!
Pretty much the view from the fron…
I didn't really have any pictures …
Lower table and garden
I think you can tell it's a fun pl…

Cottontree Backpackers Overview

You'll find us at the mouth of the beautiful Maroochy River, surrounded by beaches and rainforests.

Cottontree Backpackers Amenities