Cotija's Taco Shop

Cotija's Taco Shop - Menu - Side 2

Cotija's Taco Shop San Diego Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Home of the Shrimp Burrito Jan 28, 2012
While staying in the Rancho Bernardo area of San Diego, there was occasion go outside the hotel resort for something different, or just a quick bite for a cheap price. One evening there was an opportunity to try Cotija's Taco Shop. The building itself just says 'Taco Shop' on the outside, but inside one will discover this is actually a local San Diego chain of restaurants with 16 locations. It bills itself as "Home of the Shrimp Burrito". The place is not very large, but looks clean and inviting. I ordered the Enchiladas and my companions the Grande Burrito. The meals were out to us in less than than 10 minutes. I was surprised to see my Enchiladas with fresh cheese on top, instead of melted. However, I actually thought it was quite good like this and added an extra freshness. The meal was hot enough and quite tasty too. My companions burritos were enormous and looked like supersize Grande. Everyone enjoyed the food and there were no complaints, except that my companions couldn't finish their Grande Burritos - too much food! That is the kind of welcomed complaint we all enjoy. The food is quite good for a chain establishment. If you find yourself in San Diego and looking for a quick and tasty bite to eat for a cheap price, then look no further. I can't speak for the other chain locations, but this one I definitely can recommend.
Exterior