Coté Bellecour et Coté Cuisine

+33 478375731

Coté Bellecour et Coté Cuisine Lyon Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Coté Bellecour et Coté Cuisine Dec 05, 2009
In the heart of the Lyon, on one of the corners of the amazing and huge Place Bellecour which is situated between the Saône and Rhône rivers, Le Royal Lyon is the flagship establishment of the Institute Paul Bocuse. All this I did not know when I entered the restaurant but I was about to discover it soon.

Together with my friend Maxime we were going to meet with Travbuddy Bernard and his lovely wife Danielle. This was the second time I was going out eating with Bernard in just 4 months and he always handpicked the restaurants after a sublime ratio between cost and quality.

The restaurant was situated on the first floor of the cozy and lavish four star Hotel Le Royal. The restaurant blended classic interiors with a genuine home-from-home feeling and it surprised me with it having an open-plan kitchen in the end of the classy restaurant. It didn't take us long to recognize that it was really nice sitting there; it was quiet and relaxing in a stylish atmosphere.

We all went for the 3 course menu which they served for a very fair price; 29 euro for the 3 courses menu.

My starter was a cold duck salad which was very tasty, well it only tasted after more. My main dish was a fish with boat potatoes and a heavenly sauce and I finalized my superb lunch with a cake covered with a fresh fruit salad. Bernard had chosen a great red Côtes du Rhône from an organic agriculture nearby which was great and very tasty.

We had all in all a great lunch here and it was a pure pleasure to meet Bernard again and his wife Danielle for the first time.

It is truly a place you can seek into if you want to aviod the hectic city and just want to enjoy a nice lunch or dinner in a cozy and calm atmosphere.
My starter
My Main dish
My last dish - sweet
Bernards most relaxing postion:)
Chokk says:
Great - and you always look good:)
bernard69 says:
Thanks for sharing an enhancive pic of me!
cos VAT decrease,they cut their prices:)
Chokk says: