Costa Rica in general

Costa Rica in general - Orosi Valley

Costa Rica in general Reviews

mrjasongill mrjasong…
Nov 03, 2007
I spent a summer in Costa Rica in 2005. I went to Language school at the Costa Rican Language Academy in San Pedro outside of San Jose. It was a great school and I highly recommend it for anyone! I was there 2.5months and came out speaking pretty good spanish. $1400 for a month which included 5hrs/day 5 days/week of classes and 2 weekend trips.

I went to Manuel Antonio, Jaco, Puerta Viejo, Manzanillo, Cahuita, Liberia, La Fortuna, Arenal, Irazu, Poas.

The volcanos are all really cool.. Irazu is cold and inactive. It was an interesting trip there, but not as good as Poas and Arenal. Arenal is still active and has lava. We did a hike and saw the lava at night. There are hot springs nearby and we went to Baldi. There are several pools, some being too hot. I recommend it though. The waterfall in La Fortuna is really awesome. You can find a room there for $10/night! No AC, but a fan and hot shower.

Manuel Antonio was a very nice beach/park. Good views at the top of this trail. Bring walking shoes and umbrella. We ate at the Langosta. Pretty good food...and the place across from it was also ok. I can't remember the name of the hotel, but it was just up the street from the Langosta.

Puerta Viejo is kind of like Jamaica...A lot of Bob Marley music...I stayed at Rockin Jay's (hammock hotel). $5/night cold shower, sleep in a hammock with a bunch of people near you. I wore ear plugs, but i didn't get that great of sleep...one of those cool things to do, but not for everyone. Take a cab to Manzanillo where you can hike to the point and see an awesome view. Also rent some snorkel stuff and go out to the reef right off the coast. I tried civiche at the one restaurant's...not my favorite!

Cahuita has an excellent beach with a long trail where you can see monkey's and it's not crowded at all. We stayed in a hotel for about $35/night.

I have pictures online here:

Manuel Antonio