Costa Rica Backpackers

Avenida 6, San Jose, Costa Rica
Costa Rica Backpackers - Smaaaall room..
Costa Rica Backpackers - nice ameneties..
Costa Rica Backpackers - the street outside
Costa Rica Backpackers - that cat
Costa Rica Backpackers - the pool area
Costa Rica Backpackers - the pool area

Check San Jose Hotel Deals

Costa Rica Backpackers San Jose Reviews

Stigen Stigen
good ameneties, bad rooms ! Sep 28, 2009
Pros: this place has great amenities, and is a great place to meet other travellers. There is a living room with a big flat screen TV with cable, several computers with internet as well as open WIFI, a very nice garden with a cool pool and a bar, a restaurant with cheap food and movies shown on big screen !

The location is also pretty good, as it is walking distance to the center.

Cons: the rooms ! For the price of 28$ we got a double room. The room was in the basement, there was no proper ventilation, and no bathroom. The room was like 7-8 sqm, and the bed was exceptionally hard. This is the worst room we`ve ever had for such a price ! I don’t think the price is justifiable even though the amenities are great ! That room was worth 1/3 of the price.

It was also really noisy during the night, as the walls are thin ,and loads of partying here. In the morning the air is thick enough to feel, as there is`nt any ventilation.
Smaaaall room..
nice ameneties..
seangee seangee
Nice place in the City Nov 07, 2008
This was a great hostel to get your travels started at when you arrive in Costa Rica. A friend and I stayed here the first night we arrived and were able to plan the next few days of our trip on the free computers. Then we stayed the last two nights of our trip here just to be close to the airport. This place served its purpose well. There was free coffee which is always a plus. They also had a bar that served food till late on most nights. The nightlife around the area was within walking distance if you were willling to trek for a minute but a cab is better advised. My only problem with the place was a cat that kept getting in our room, not a very big deal. The staff was great! Very Helpful! They also had a nice TV that i was able to watch the Ohio State vs Michigan game on, so keep that in mind if you are a sports fan.
the street outside
that cat
the pool area

Related Travel Blogs About Costa Rica Backpackers

Volcanoes, waves, and rastafarians... oh my!
Costa Rica was my first big solo trip, so it will always have a sweet spot in my memories. I flew into San Jose with no real plan (as would turn out to be my standard way of traveling from that point…San Jose at Costa Rica Backpackers, the best hostel in the city with free internet, movies on a big screen…
Dinner & Drinks to Take Place Here: La Cocina de Len~a & El Pueblo!
Just thought I would place a quick entry on here to let you know where the majority of us are staying in San Jose! Mark, (Travelman727), Derek (derekbilldaly) & I (Martiana), will be s…San Jose! Mark, (Travelman727), Derek (derekbilldaly) & I (Martiana), will be staying at the COSTA RICA BACKPACKERS HOSTEL...more info…
Welcome back to Costa rica backpackers!!!
We got back into San Jose only a few hours ago, the journey back was the most comfprtable i have been on a bus, but the trick was to sit at the front, you get less bumps and dont feel so sick. …San Jose only a few hours ago, the journey back was the most comfprtable i have been on a bus, but the trick was to sit at the front…

Check San Jose Hotel Deals