Costa Real

Hotel class: 4 stars
Avenue Francisco Aguirre 170, La Serena, Chile
Costa Real - Cocktail bar where we were served complimentary Pisco Sour.
Costa Real - View from my room.
Costa Real - Elegant buffet breakfast area.
Costa Real - Costa Real Hotel La Serena.

Check La Serena Hotel Deals

Costa Real La Serena Reviews

aerynn aerynn
Elegant and centrally located May 13, 2005
For a brief stay in La Serena, Costa Real was a real treat. Although the rooms are not cheap, the amenities and location make up the difference.

My stay was accompanied by a complimentary buffet breakfast that was the highlight of each day. Staff were usually present to serve me some of the hot foods, and the presentation of food and table settings easily surpass any typical American 'complimentary buffet breakfast'.

Friendly staff at the front desk who usually can speak a bit of English are helpful with directions, exchanging money, and whatever one might need.

Upon check-in, I was given a coupon for a complimentary Pisco Sour at the cocktail bar within the hotel.

At the time, there was a computer room for internet access.

The hotel is located along main streets in La Serena, which make navigation quite easy. Despite being on main streets, I didn't notice obnoxious traffic noises. The meridian along the main street is wide, and park-like, with statues and lots of trees/vegetation. This also provides for nice views from many rooms.

The location is only a short walk from the historical downtown area, which features colourful market places and uniquely styled architecture.

If I go to La Serena again, I will probably stay closer to the Playa Blanca beach area. Costa Real is within walking distance to this beach, but I believe it took approximately 45 minutes one-way to walk there.

The only other drawback during my stay is that I was told (even by Americans) that the tap water at this hotel was okay to drink, but my experience left enough questions in my mind that I will stick to bottled water next time.

Overall, this hotel was very pleasant and accomodating.
View from my room.
Elegant buffet breakfast area.
Costa Real Hotel La Serena.
Cocktail bar where we were served …

Costa Real Overview

The Costa Real Hotel is perfectly located for both business and leisure guests to La Serena. All of the hotel's 51 guestrooms are equipped with standard in-room amenities to ensure the maximum comfort for its guests. Each guestroom is tastefully appointed with air conditioning, separate shower and tub, mini bar, balcony/terrace, satellite/cable TV.This La Serena accommodation contains all of the facilities and conveniences you would expect from a hotel in its class. Hotel's guests can experience on-site latest leisure and sports facilities such as outdoor pool. Along with its convenient location in La Serena, the hotel also offers a wide range of services and facilities to the guests. To make your reservation at the Costa Real Hotel via our secure online booking form, please submit your visit dates.

Costa Real Amenities