Cosmos Saloon

213-621-2227

Cosmos Saloon Los Angeles Reviews

TRE69 TRE69
Cosmos Saloon...A Very Low Key Dive Karaoke Bar Mar 07, 2009
Cosmos Saloon is a hole-in-the-wall dive bar across the street from the Japanese Village Plaza in Little Tokyo.

After having dinner just doors away at Daikokuya Ramen, some TravBuddies and I wanted to hang out just a bit longer.

Despite Cosmos Saloon's lackluster exteriors and stable doorway, we entered hoping that its interiors would be more lively...IT WASN'T! Aside from a couple of locals parked on stools at the bar, we were the only other group in the house.

We didn't want to wander aimlessly around Little Tokyo so we sat down at one of the a banquettes in the back, past the bar. EEEKKKSSS...2-drink minimum per person to sit down at a table!!! We minimized drink costs by not ordering alcohol. Blasphemous at a dive bar, I know, but I believe at this type of establishment, you shouldn't have to buy drinks to sit, especially if the place was near empty!

Anyways, the karaoke stage is a rickety wooden piece of construction in an area with a low ceiling...hence the glaring signs of "NO DANCING!" and "NO JUMPING!" posted all around the stage. I have to admit that the only positive aspect of Cosmos is that they have quite an extensive collection of songs to bring out the inner rock or pop star in the average person. Fortunately, the deadly atmosphere of Cosmos allowed us all to sing our hearts out!

If you like to karaoke but not in the limelight of a crowded bar where people will boo you off the stage, then Cosmos Saloon is the place for you!
Cosmos Saloon, Little Tokyo
Stable Doorway into the Dive Karao…
Big on stage
Nhi belting out her favorite ballad
alicegourmet says:
Awwww...so nice of you Tracy! I really had a wonderful time with you guys! :) When are you going to have another "magic mic" party?
TRE69 says:
@ Alice...it was fun because I was with awesome people!
@ Vance...hahaha!
vances says:
Should I ever make it to Little Tokyo, you can rest assured I'll planet to miss Cosmos!

:^)