Corrida De Toros

Plaza de Toros Oriente, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

Corrida De Toros San Miguel de Allende Reviews

pretty_girl pretty_g…
bloody murder Mar 22, 2014
My impressions of the Corrida in San Miguel Allende are very mixed. The quaintness of the small venue, the music and the preflight pageantry are beautiful. The Corrida was held on New Year’s eve which gave it more of a spirited air. The term Bull Fighting is a complete misnomer. These animals are first worn down by being bated into chasing the horses and and the matadors. The Bulls are then wakened by having lances stabbed into their necks by the picadors. The horses of the picadors are paded; but take a beating from the frustrated bulls. The bull is finally taken out of its misery by have a sword placed through the back of the neck. The matadors were of varied skill and grace; making some of the kills excruciatingly extended and gruesome. The locals LOVED it. I am not a fan of this Pastime!
spocklogic says:
Hardly a contest, eh? I've never seen one in person, or had a desire to, but have read about them and watch a video about it once. Seems like animal cruelty to me, but it's a cultural think (or was at one time), but maybe as Jim says has lost its soul in todays modern age.
Posted on: Mar 22, 2014
rsvpme says:
SMA is a variety of mixed emotions. It seemed to me, to be a place that had lost it's soul. it was not Mexican nor was it North American. I could not find it's soul, yet I was there for six weeks. I suspect that one either is entranced or is turned off.
Posted on: Mar 22, 2014