Corona Inn Kuala Lumpur

Corona Inn Kuala Lumpur Rates and Deals

Corona Inn Kuala Lumpur Reviews

Daive Daive
Better than a backpackers' May 21, 2011
Friendly Note: I stayed here back in 2007, so they may have renovated &/or improved the rooms/facilities/amenities since then. It's quite cheap, so if you're only after the location, a place that fits your budget, and just somewhere to sleep at- I'd say this is better than a backpackers' place because you get breakfast, the usual hotel services, and a private room & bathroom.

It was the first time we (me & my friend on a trip together) stayed in a hostel. I researched Google for the must-see places in KL's city center since we didn't have enough time and found out that this was the nearest hostel (back in 2007) I could find to the Golden Triangle area (Petronas, etc) incase we had to walk.

We got the Standard Premium room, which was their lowest room rate- it was small (there are bigger rooms/beds of course, your choice), but we didn't really care because we were only there to sleep and breakfast was included anyway.

The nearer you get to Petronas, the more high end the hotels were, it seems, so I guess you can say our hostel was a bit of a walk, lol. Two things I liked about the location was-

1. it was very very near a street full of restaurants (malay, indian, chinese, you name it)! And at night it became alive, with night markets, hawkers, and the streets became filled with tables and chairs! ...I only found out later that this was the famous street of JALAN ALOR (search for reviews about it in TB)!

If you're up for adventure and not too picky with what you eat (or your surroundings) then don't miss a visit to this place ;)

2. Another reason I chose the hostel was because it was walking distance to BUKIT BINTANG, the *shopping* and entertainment district of KL ;) heehee.

Anyway, if you ever need a tour guide-slash-driver, try and ask the receptionist, they might still have a contact who can take you around the city: we got to see the Petronas Towers and surrounding areas, Aquaria, to a jewelry & watch factory, a chocolate factory (yum!), a japanese park, the palace, the giant buddha & Batu caves, souvenir shops, to an authentic Nasi Kandar / Beriyani place (see my Asian Cuisine Blog) and more in just 2 whole days. :)
coronainn-kualalumpur.com

Corona Inn Kuala Lumpur Overview

If shopping is on the agenda, the Corona Inn Kuala Lumpur is most conveniently situated to access Kuala Lumpur's shopping district. The hotel is conveniently located for sightseeing in Kuala Lumpur with Low Yat Plaza and Sungei Wang Plaza within a 10 minute walk. Kuala Lumpur city centre is within a 10 minute drive from the hotel.

The Corona Inn Kuala Lumpur staff are available 24-hours a day and can help with booking tours and tickets. Business amenities at the hotel include function rooms, meeting rooms and a business centre. In addition to conference room(s) and a laundry service, the hotel features a currency exchange and a safe-deposit box.

Families can rest assured there is enough room for them to spread out in the large family-friendly rooms. The rooms at the hotel include a TV, a safe and cable / satellite channels. The en suite bathrooms include a shower, a hair dryer and a separate bath.

Corona Inn Amenities

• Shops
  • Excursions
  • Direct dial phone
  • Function Rooms
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower