Corleone's Trattoria

44 Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard, Savannah, GA, USA

Corleone's Trattoria Savannah Reviews

vances vances
Corleone's Trattoria Aug 07, 2009
The other restaurant we enjoyed in Savannah which warranted a review was Corleone’s Trattoria – a top notch Italian eatery that is right downtown. If the name itself doesn’t exude an Italian atmosphere, the exceptionally tasteful and traditional décor will have you craving pasta and gelato in no time. Our waiter was one of the best ever – attentive and knowledgeable without being oppressive. Our meal kicked off with perhaps the best calamari appetizer we ever had…so fresh and tender with only the lightest batter. YUMMY!

However, the highlight of my experience was after the appetizer when I excused myself to go find the rest rooms. Identified the typical isolated hallway and at the end there were two doors. I looked right and saw a plaque that said ELTON. Well, that’s a guy’s name and I was pretty sure this was the dude’s facility, but not being certain I peered across the hallway to read the other door, which said OLIVIA NEWTON. After a brief pause I literally broke out laughing. The coolest bathroom labels I have ever experienced, lol.

Of course that is insufficient motivation to dine anywhere, but our entrees were delicious, promptly served and very reasonably priced. If you are craving some Italian in Savannah, your best bet is Corleone’s!
Photo from Corelone's web site (so…
vances says:
A name that is flush with success....

:^)
Posted on: Aug 08, 2009
Sweetski says:
LMAO at those labels. Since much of the activities going on inside are rather down to earth, they could hardly call it Saint :)

BTW, did you know it is the #803 ranking in the most popular last names in the US? :)
Posted on: Aug 08, 2009