Corinthia Hotel St Petersburg

Corinthia Hotel St Petersburg Rates and Deals

Corinthia Hotel St Petersburg Saint Petersburg Reviews

Chris27_Malta Chris27_…
Excellent 5 star hotel Oct 31, 2014
I stayed at this hotel during early May 2014. Corinthia hotels have a very good reputation and I found exactly what I expected. Clean and luxurious rooms, a beautiful hotel lounge, a delicious and varied breakfast which also included caviar and champagne, friendly staff and service with a smile.

The hotel is located in Nevskiy Prospect which is the principal street in St. Petersburg. Main attractions are at a short walking distance. Another positive on the hotel's location is that it is very close to the metro and to the main railway station.

From my experience, I would definitely recommend this hotel.
TravelLass TravelLa…
Disappointing Service May 07, 2012
I booked this hotel for my final night in St. Petersburg. I chose this hotel due to its location, which is right on Nevsky Prospekt and close to main attractions.

The hotel lobby was very nicely done. Modern furnitures and chandeliers give it an upmarket and luxurious feel. I was offered a glass of champagne, as a welcome drink, when I checked in, which is a nice touch. The porter was an eager young boy who was very helpful in showing me how to switch on the television and select channels! Also mentioned to me about the hotel's bar and restaurant as well as facilities. Another nice gesture was that he wrote down the reception and concierge number for me.

I like the fact that there is a currency exchange machine in the hotel (but only for USD and Euro).

I had a look at the room service menu which was limited. Did not use the facilities as I did not have much time.

However, the disappointment started on check out.

Firstly, I did not know that I have to request for the hotel to register me, and there is a charge of 154 rubles. Front desk failed to inform me on that. The previous hotel I stayed with for 3 nights did so without request or charge. Secondly, I booked the room on the hotel's website, which was a fully pre-paid rate. However, upon check out, I was told they have yet to charge me, so I'll need to settle payment. Rather confusing! The person who was assisting me in check out was not really clear about the situation and had to get the manager to come out to check and explain. Additionally, I was asked if I had an early check in (which means extra charge), which I did not.

Thirdly, it seemed that he wasn't aware I had booked the hotel car to take me to the airport. during check in, I was told to leave the hotel for airport at 5.15am for my 7.50am flight as it was a long way to the airport and will take at least 40min. I booked the car for 5.30am, and mentioned to the person to hurry alittle with my check out as it was almost 5.30am, but he told me I have plenty of time. Inconsistency of information there.

Fourthly, it was drizzling and windy when I left, but when the driver showed me to the car, he did not bother to open the car door to let me in first prior to loading the luggage in the boot. When I booked the car, I specified Pulkovo 1 but the driver sent me to Pulkovo 2. I had a gut feel that it was the wrong terminal, so before getting off, I asked the driver to confirm. He doesn't understand or speak English. Luckily I had a printout of my flight booking to show him. Not sure if the concierge entered my booking incorrectly or information was not given to the driver or he remembered wrongly. It was a good thing I checked. When we reached Pulkovo 1, the driver only took my luggage out form the boot but did not help me further. I had to drag the luggage on my own up and down the curb to get to cross the street in order to get to sort of an overhead bridge to get to the terminal.

The anticipation of staying in this luxurious 5* hotel and the pleasantries during check in ended in a not so pleasant experience.

Corinthia Hotel St Petersburg Overview

This St. Petersburg hotel sits on Nevsky Prospect. The Corinthia St Petersburg is within 10 minutes of all the downtown cultural attractions, including St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the Bronze Horseman, the Admiralty, and the Hermitage. It is 17 km from the Corinthia Hotel St Petersburg to the airport, and the hotel offers transfer service through its stretch limousine fleet to guests.

There are 282 rooms at the Hotel Corinthia St Petersburg, available in a variety of classes and suite styles. Rooms have wireless Internet access, mini bar, safe box, work space, and private bathrooms with lush accents.

The Corinthia Hotel St Petersburg Russia is a five star hotel with a classic façade and Art Deco accents. It was built from two adjacent historic hotels, and offers five restaurants with a variety of global cuisines. The cocktail and snack bar in the lobby has live piano in the evenings. There is a business center as well as conference space. The top level of the hotel is a beauty and wellness spa. Valet parking is available, as well as limousine service.

Corinthia Hotel St Petersburg Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Solarium
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes