Copper Canyon Grill

928 Ellsworth Dr, Silver Spring, MD, USA
(301) 589-1330

Copper Canyon Grill Silver Spring Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Great American fare in a family or intimate setting in downtown Silver Spring. Jul 08, 2012
Yum! We ended up here for dinner in June 2012 and I have been back again within just a few weeks even though it's not very close to where I live.

We first went on Father's day and had a 20-25 minute wait, but it went by quickly. The second time we went, we had a 10-15 minute wait, but decided to eat at the bar and that provided immediate seating. We ordered a spinach and artichoke dip and it's not meant for one person, so I had to take half of it home and it was just as divine eating it the next day.

We ordered the rotisserie chicken that they boast they are infamous for and it was covered in 31 spices. It was really good (a little salty), but REALLY good. The person I went with also ordered the ribs and said they were pretty good. I saw them fall off the bone and the sauce looked really good, but it wasn't spicy (which is how I like to eat my ribs).

The service provided by the waiters is not in a format that I am used to and has it's benefits and problems. We are served by a group of waiters and not one individual waiter and so we don't have to hear "oh, I'm not your waiter" if we stop someone for something. We did have a nice group of waiters and the service was good.

When we went back the second time, we sat at the bar and even though they have the same group plan, the service was just not that great....I mean, it's bar service. One bartender had asked me for my ID when I ordered a drink and then walked away. At my comment as to whether I should throw my ID at him, the bartender closest to me asked to see my ID and then proceeded to make my drink.

The ambiance is darkly-lit and makes it feel intimate if you are sitting at the bar or in a booth. It's appropriate for families and we saw a few kids around and there's outside seating, but for the massive June heatwave that hit the east coast in 2012, outdoor seating was not an option, even late at night after the sun had long set.

Copper Canyon Grill is in downtown Silver Spring, so there is parking in 2 large parking complexes and I believe if you leave after 7 or 8 pm, you won't even have to pay for parking. Enjoy!
curious1028 curious1…
Eat Dessert! May 31, 2011
I just love to come here after eating elsewhere and have dessert! They have the most decadent, heart-stopping offerings. Pineapple upside down cake a la mode, bread pudding a la grande marnier, key lime heaven to make your eyes pop out and a monster of an ice cream sandwich - a tower of chocolate sitting in a puddle of caramel. Omg - we did it on mother's day and I'm still repenting!! Don't get me wrong, their food is delicious! The plates are big - much too big for me. Crabcakes with black bean and mango salsa, garlic mashed potatoes and sauteed sweet carrots!! Yum - just come with a friend and order for one or take it in a doggy bag for lunch the next day! OOoo, their rotisserie chicken is to die......!
HuBison HuBison
Good American cusine and great bar specials Sep 07, 2010
When I first went, it was called Red Rock Canyon and I haven't done the research to see why the name changed.

I enjoyed the happy hour and bar specials. There's a nice crowd sitting around the bar and a different special depending on the day you go. The entrees are rich and well flavored; actually as I sit here and type, my mouth waters at the thought of their mac-n-cheese and their wings. The bartenders are really good about making drinks and we have had quite a variety.

Depending on the day or the way the sun is aligned, there might be a crowd or line of folks waiting, so Friday night around 6pm isn't a good time to go, but if you are visiting Silver Spring from out of town, you should just wait. If you live local, come back another day, during the week and you will enjoy your visit and your food a bit better.

Parking in all of this new downtown Silver Spring is simple if you like paying for a parking lot. It's not that much and depending on which of the 2 lots you park in, you can exit and be right around the corner. If you leave the lots after 8 or 9 during the week, I believe it is free. Parking is free on the weekends, but then you are more likely to run into a crowd for dinner (probably a little better if you go for lunch).

Entrees can go from $14-$25.

Check Silver Spring Hotel Deals