Copley's on Palm Canyon

621 North Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA, USA
Copley's on Palm Canyon - Maui Mojito...rum, lime, pineapple, mint...refreshing!
Copley's on Palm Canyon - Grilled Pork Filet and Braised Pork Shank with Merlot Balsamic reduction
Copley's on Palm Canyon - Danny's filet mignon topped with blue cheese and caramelized onions and wine reduction
Copley's on Palm Canyon - Sal's entree...I think it was a fish dish with sauteed cheese gnocchi!
Copley's on Palm Canyon - Jenn's duck and warm artichoke salad
Copley's on Palm Canyon - Warm lemon and lavender pound cake with basil ice cream
Copley's on Palm Canyon - The Fab Four

Copley's on Palm Canyon Palm Springs Reviews

TRE69 TRE69
Fine Dining Under a Warm Desert Night at Copley's on Palm Canyon Aug 30, 2008
Jenn had research dining options for our Palm Springs weekend and she found Copley's on Palm Canyon...a lovely gem of a restaurant housed in the former hacienda estate of actor Cary Grant.

Since we didn't have reservations, I expected to wait quite a bit to be seated. But as we walked past the water fountain and through the courtyard, I noticed an unoccupied covered patio. Upon entering the hacienda, we were greeted jovially by the restaurant manager of whom we requested to be seated outdoors. Thankfully the warm sticky rain had ceased. Within 10 minutes, our table was set up with an overhead fan spinning and we were seated. It was a great idea for us to sit outside because for most of our dinner, we were the only ones outdoors and we are a rambunctious bunch.

The drinks were potent...my Maui mojito was very refreshing and Danny and Sal couldn't stop raving about the lychee martini.

I had the Grilled Pork Filet and Braised Pork Shank with Merlot Balsamic reduction. The entree came with sauteed spinach and a dried fruit and cheese polenta cake. The pork two ways was deliciously moist and the sauce was yummy. I, however, did NOT like the polenta cake...it tasted dry and I wasn't too fond of the dried fruit in it.

Danny's filet with blue cheese was so yummy and cooked to medium rare perfection. Sal's dish...I can't remember the meat but the sauteed gnocchi was a divine cheesy puff...golden brown and crispy on the outside and smooth and creamy on the inside. We all loved them so much, we asked the waiter for an extra side of the gnocchi. Can't remember if I tried Jenn's salad.

Since we were stuffed from dinner, we decided to share a dessert. We decided to be a little adventurous and have the warm lemon and lavender pound cake with basil ice cream. The cake was extremely fragrant and flavorful. I was a bit skeptical about the ice cream flavor because I have tried "crazy" ice cream flavors before like garlic ice cream and I was not a fan. But I'll try ALMOST anything once. The basil ice cream was a surprise. The cake and ice cream, together matched perfectly.

The service was fantastic and prompt.

Overall, the food was delicious and I so want to eat here again the next time I am in Palm Springs...perhaps next time I will sit inside as it looked cozy with nice ambient mood lighting or have an early dinner to take in the beautifully landscaped courtyard.

The menu changes seasonally and during the holidays to take advantage of seasonal meats, produce, and and herbs grown on site.

Copley's on Palm Canyon is a definite must when in Palm Springs!
Maui Mojito...rum, lime, pineapple…
Grilled Pork Filet and Braised Por…
Danny's filet mignon topped with b…
Sal's entree...I think it was a fi…
sincitytraveler says:
Oy Vay!!! I was hungry to begin with! That was such a great meal...and I never would have even thought about making basil ice cream...delish! :)
Posted on: Oct 24, 2008
jenn79 says:
OMG I can't wait to go back there!! It was SO YUMMY!
Posted on: Oct 24, 2008