Copenhague(Taverne)

081 23 14 33

Copenhague(Taverne) Namur Reviews

planxty planxty
A long way from Denmark. Apr 14, 2017
Whilst waiting for a train in Namur one morning I decided that a beer would be in order and I am not generally a fan of bars in stations or airports as they are invariably overpriced and often fairly soulless so I took a walk across the road. This being Belgium I didn't have to look far for a bar and very quickly came upon the Copenhague (Taverne) or whichever of the several variants of the spelling you care to use.

On entering I found myself in a pleasantly appointed establishment which seemd to be slightly posher than the normal little back street bars I like to frequent but I only wanted a beer so that was no problem. I was served a well-kept pint of Jupiler by a friendly young barman who naturally spoke impeccable English and settled myself down for a bit of people watching by the window. There were al fresco tables but it was still a bit chilly for that.

It was still early for lunch service although I got the impression that this was more a restarant than a bar as is common on the Continent. I went for a look around and discovered that there is a sizeable room upstairs although it was deserted and when I had occasion to use the "facilities" they were spotless.

Although it was a bit devoid of atmosphere due to the lack of people it was a perfectly comfortable place for a drink and I would recommend it for anyone using the station as it is literally two minutes walk from it.
Copenhague (Taverne).
A bit too chilly for sitting outsi…

Check Namur Hotel Deals