Copenhagen Zoo

www.zoo.dk - +45 72200200

Copenhagen Zoo Reviews

cax cax
One of the best in the world! Oct 04, 2008
Copenhagen Zoo is definately one of the best. Of all the Zoo's I've been to onley Singapore can match it - and it definately belongs in a top five zoos of the world.

The entrance fee is DKK 130 which is quite a lot but on the other hand you get what you pay for and I dont mind paying a lot for a good zoo where you can easily spend 7-8 hours without being bored.

The onley really bad thing about Copenhagen Zoo is that it closes at 5pm - it feels a bit early for a major tourist spot.

At the moment Copenhagen Zoo is implementing toys in the cages - which for most of them is created with natural fences like moats and canyons insted of bars, which makes you feel that the animals are closer and not imprisoned. A major plus. Anyway back to the toys. To avoid animals that are restless, bored or disbehaveing due to captivity Copenhagen Zoo is right now implementing a test project where they give them toys to play with - and it looks like it works. It's a long time ago that I've seen such active animals in a zoo and watching that polarbear fight the oil can was really a pleasure.

The park is quite huge and has a very well done rainforrest area where you walk around a man made rainforrest among birds and butterflies. Really well done!

Another really amazeing thing to notice is the new elephant area. The fences are strong but more natural and the space is huge! I've never before seen 4 elephants have so much space anywhere in the world. This is truely amazeing.

Several restaurants are available throughout the park which is a sanctuary for both kids and adults.
The old leading baboo, Copenhagen …
Lions
Flamingos
Zoo tower Copenhagen.
Marjis Marjis
Copenhagen Zoo Jul 09, 2008
If you visit Copenhagen you should go to this zoo (I really recommend this place to everyone). Price is cheap and you get a chance to see some exotic animals.

Copenhagen Zoo is only zoo outside of Australia where is Tasmanian devils. Other exotic animals are kangaroos, pandas, polar bear, etc.

You will also get a chance to play with goats and kids and walk through house full of exotic butterflies.

Copenhagen Zoo is really good way to spend day. If you go take enough time to go there 'cause time flies when looking at all these animals.

If you get hungry while in zoo, there is couple places to eat. I didn't eat there (except one ice cream) so I can't say anything about the food.

If you have a chance bring camera with you, you will need it.

Zoo is seperated for both sides of Roskildevej. If we wouldn't known that already when we went to the zoo we probably would have missed the other side (tunnel which connects the sides was placed so that we didn't walk past it).

If you go, remember to go on tower. It costs 20 krones and you need to walk lots of stairs, but the view is amazing.

One thing which I thought was odd was that there were only 2 souvenier shops (usually tourist places have more) and selection on those was pretty poor.

I would give 4 and half stars to the zoo, but because it's not possible and I have to choose between 5 and 4, I'm giving 4 stars.

P.S. If you are interested to see more photos I have uploaded photos from zoo in my Summer Trip 2008 blog.
MadeleineGL Madelein…
Apr 15, 2007
I love going to the zoo! No matter where I travel, I always check out if there's a zoo nearby. I Copenhagen we have a zoo as well, with many different kind of animals: Bears (brown and polar), elephants, lions, seals, Tasmanian devils, monkeys, kangaroos.. and many, many more.

When I have a day off I often go to the zoo to take photographs of the animals there - it's a great way of spending the day.

After seeing other zoos around the world, Copenhagen Zoo doesn't seem that exotic though - I'm missing the koalas, pandas, dolphins and killer whales.. well - we can't all have the same - and that makes it even more fun to visit other zoos around the world!

Biggest problem at the zoo is the entrance fee - 120 DKK (around 16 EURO). If you're going - make a day of it. They have a excellent brunch at the café - and remember to bring your camera!!
nadda nadda
Jun 27, 2006
I really haven't been to a lot of zoo's in my life but I must say that I like this one very much. The entry costs 100 dkr and it's a bit expensive to buy food or drinks inside the zoo. One thing that is special with the Copenhagen Zoo is that they are one of the very few places in the world to have tasmanian devils. The Tasmanian devils were a gift to the Royal family in Denmark.

Related Travel Blogs About Copenhagen Zoo

Another day in Copenhagen
Waking up in the centre of Copenhagen after most continuous sleep that I have had on this trip (or will get). After breakfast and other morning things I take up a map and we start to drive to Co…Copenhagen's zoo. Well, that map wasn't the best (it didn't even show all streets), our navigator…

Check Copenhagen Hotel Deals