Copenhagen Downtown Hostel

Check Copenhagen Hotel Deals

Copenhagen Downtown Hostel Reviews

curious_claire curious_…
Loved my stay here Jun 30, 2015
I booked my stay here because it was recommended to me by someone who had recently been to Copenhagen and on this occasion I just took their word on it being good and booked it without really looking into it first and I must say the gamble paid off. I really enjoyed my stay here.

The location was fabulous. Right in the heart of Copenhagen you really couldn't ask for a better location. You just wandered outside and everything was there. And the hostel had a lot to offer. There was a social area / bar on the ground floor and also a second basement bar that had live bands playing. I stayed in and enjoyed the music on my first night and had a really good time. Very relaxed and cheap beer (compared to the rest of the city!)

The staff were fantastic. There was a bit of a mix up on my first night. The bed I had been assigned to seemed to have been taken by someone else and there didn't seem to be any spare beds in the dorm. I went downstairs to talk to the staff about it but it was late and I was quite drunk so they put me into a private room for the night. The girl sorting this all out for me was fantastic and she even helped shoo away the guy who was trying to get me to come back to his. She could see I wasn't interested so she even walked me to the room to make sure I got there ok. Love the girl power! haha

The dorm room (when I finally got back in it) was what you expected really. There was a short supply of plug sockets but the room did have lockers for all 10 beds. They did require a big lock which you could buy from reception but I realised that I could use 2 of my small ones to lock it. Was quite proud of my resourcefulness here haha

The floor had 2 showers and 4 toilets which was enough for the amount of people on the floor. There was never a massive queue for the showers. The kitchen looked well equipped however I didn't actually use it as I ate out every night.

The breakfast could be purchased in the morning for a small fee however I never had it so can't comment on it. They also offered free dinners which was a nice touch and not something I had seen before. Although, I also never had this so again I cant comment on it but it's free so what else matters! You could also purchase food from the bar throughout the day and on my last day I did get a pizza for lunch. It wasn't as nice as the pizza I'd had in the restaurant the day before but for hostel bar food it was pretty good and reasonably priced so perfect if you're trying to cut down on the cost of food out there.

I can't really fault this place. I loved the staff and the location was fab. I really liked how they had bean bags outside so you could just sit back and relax. Would definitely stay here again
The Dorm
Lockers
View from the dorm
The other side of the dorm
vulindlela says:
Congrats!
Posted on: Aug 07, 2015
cotton_foam says:
:) I truly like reviews that has lots of photos! It kind of help in my decision making! :))
Posted on: Aug 04, 2015
curious_claire says:
Thanks May, sometimes I feel I go a little crazy with the photos hehe

Joe what you trying to say... ;)

Christian I'm not surprised I think if it was in London I'd go hang out there often
Posted on: Aug 03, 2015
WalterC WalterC
Really nice hostel to stay at, in a nice location Apr 26, 2015
Close to some of the museums, the Copenhagen Downtown Hostel is a nice place to stay at. It can be tricky to find the right place, as the reception office and the dorms are in 2 separate buildings. But there are signs that should point the way.

The reception desk also doubles as a bar and restaurant. So you can also hang out there as well, as I think it serves as the common area. Also, the kitchen is there, to prepare your own food. And downstairs, you can store your luggage there, free of charge. Something that I am seeing less of, these days. The music does play pretty loud.

The dorms in another building, with 6 floors. You can either go up by stairs, or take an old and small elevator to the top. Once you get out, it does look like a nice place, and very clean.

The rooms are really nice, and a lot more spacious. There are lockers in there, but you would have to bring your own padlock. Each bed has its own lamp, and I think outlets as well, so you can charge your devices in private. WiFi is free and works well.

The bathrooms are nice, and very clean. Located down the hall, the ones with showers can only take one person at a time, so that can be a problem during the busy season.

There is breakfast, but you would have to pay extra for it. I did not get to eat it, so can’t comment on the breakfast itself.

And if you get the right room, you may get nice views of the city, as I did. The location is really nice, in a charming area. And much closer to the tourist attractions, as the National Museum is about a block away.

A great hostel to stay at, I would definitely not mind staying here again.
building