Cooper's Seafood House

Scranton, Pennsylvania

Cooper's Seafood House Scranton Reviews

jhwelsch jhwelsch
Cooper's Seafood Aug 09, 2010
With very humble apologies to those who have written rave reviews of this place, I feel obligated to present a different viewpoint. Whether fine dining or just good eating, there are many good restaurants choices in Northeastern PA . IMHO, Cooper’s most definitely is NOT one of them! Quite the contrary, I find it among the very worst. I realize that there are many people who disagree with me. In fact, one of the things I find strange about the place is that there is always a line to get it. Personally, I find the décor tacky, the service poor, and the food just this side of edible. I’ve solemnly sworn never to return. Yes, they do have an excellent beer selection and that, I think, is Cooper’s one and only positive point.

I believe a much better choice is the Harbor House on Keyser Avenue. Like Cooper’s, it’s not especially fancy but, unlike Cooper’s, the food is very good and the service excellent. Again, my apologies to those who like the Cooper’s, if you go there, remember I warned you!
LaceyTyre LaceyTyre
Cooper's Seafood House Dec 29, 2007
Cooper's Seafood was featured on the tv show "The Office". After seeing Cooper's featured I had to eat there. There are 2 locations we ate at the one located in Scranton. They have a neat gift shop and lots of cool decorations on the wall and even a train that goes throughout the entire building. The food was excellent and they have 100s of choices of beer. Local beer, American beer, and imported beer. The wine list was pretty good, too. I ordered the haddock and it even came on a plate shaped like a fish. It's a cool little restaurant worth checking out.
sylviandavid says:
this sounds like a nice place....
Posted on: Jul 09, 2008