Cool Hand Luke’s

955 E Shaw Ave, Clovis, CA, USA

Cool Hand Luke’s Clovis Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
Looking for a good steak Jun 09, 2011
We were quite late getting to dinner, a little after 8 pm. And yet during the week we still had to wait about 15 minutes for a table. I really don’t know why, because as we were escorted back to our table we passed at least a dozen tables and booths that were available. Didn’t make sense to me. We looked over the menu, which includes appetizers, steaks, prime rib, bacon wrapped sirloin, several seafood meals, including Calamari, Salmon, and Prawns. I asked about a Bacon wrapped Filet, but they said the cost was too high so they had dropped them. We ended up with a 14oz sirloin, with a baked potato, and a salad, knowing we would take half home for tomorrow’s dinner. They had a slightly smaller version, but the price wasn’t that much smaller. The steaks were pretty good, although it took quite a while for the food to be served. The hot rolls served with the meal were very good. The baked potatoes were deeply drenched in butter but well cooked. We had been given the choice of them or longhorn rice pilaf, red garlic mashers, fancy green beans or steak fries. We didn’t see our server for awhile and had to flag him down to get some salt and pepper and sweeteners for our drinks. And after eating what we were comfortable with we waited another ten minutes or more to get his attention again for a box to carry home the leftovers. I don’t want this review to sound too negative, because we hate being rushed through, but the place locked the doors at 9:30 pm and they had to unlock the doors to let us out. The food was good, the service was very slow, and the price was slightly higher than the other steak houses we have been to in the Fresno area.
X_Drive says:
I think it's only the name. No other connection.
Posted on: Jun 17, 2011
spocklogic says:
Any connection in theme with the film of the same name, or just in name only?
Posted on: Jun 16, 2011
X_Drive says:
Being rush is worse than having to wait so long, but this guy was a turtle. :)
Posted on: Jun 16, 2011