Cool Globes

Bulwary Wiślane, Warsaw, Poland

Cool Globes Warsaw Reviews

EmyG EmyG
Cool Globes: Hot Ideas for a Cooler Planet Jul 11, 2016
„Cool Globes: Hot Ideas for a Cooler Planet” is a public art exhibition designed to raise awareness of solutions to climate change, a popular topic of recent years. The Project was estabilished in 2005 and soon after that, in 2006 the globes startet their journay from Chicago and went across the US from Washington DC to San Francisco, San Diego, Sundance, Los Angeles, Houston and Cleveland. In the fall of 2009, Cool Globes moved abroad and the first international exhibit was opened in Copenhagen. From there globes went to Geneva, Marseille, Vancouver, Amsterdam, Jerusalem and back to the US, to Boston, New York City and Buffalo. Now they are Europe again. They are in Warsaw!

The Cool Globes Warsaw exhibit was launched in May 2016 along the river bank of the Vistula River below the picturesque Old Town. Polish local artist created a new globe which promotes the environmental efforts of the city of Warsaw. The brand new globe was added to the collection. The globes are displayed in a quite popular, summer place where a lot of residents of Warsaw spend their free time during the weekends or after work. The globes are enjoyed daily by children and adults who walk, bike or rollerskate on this popular scenic path. I checked all of them and I must say I liked Polish Globe the most. Yeah, maybe I’m biasted again. It is because our globe is cute and colorful and there is a little mermaid sitting under it. She holds an appel and basically is adorable. Some of the globes are really artsy, while some are very basic and I would say dull.

Cool globs are maybe not everyones thing, not mine for sure, but I guess lots of people would like them. Was worth to check the exhibition once.
cotton_foam says:
btw, Ems...I remember seeing some of these globes in Jerusalem when we visited! I just remember...
Posted on: Aug 06, 2016
simsing says:
Congrats on the feature, Emy!
Posted on: Jul 25, 2016
mountaingirl says:
Cute globes! I love looking at maps and globes actually :)
Posted on: Jul 24, 2016