Convent of St. Agnes

Prague, Czech Republic

Convent of St. Agnes Prague Reviews

Vikram Vikram
Who knew the Virgin Mary was this diverse! May 23, 2014
We really ever went here thinking we had nothing better to do in the afternoon and it was FREE (with the Prague Pass). And honestly, after some magnificent photos at Charles Bridge and the Jewish Qtr, I would be ok with anything remotely middling. BUT.... talk about another hidden highlight of the day!

The first part of this convent has you walking through old abandoned halls and prayer rooms that used to be used by the Sisters that lived here. The rooms were so-so. But it was when you go upstairs you're BLINDED. Amazing. There was a Madonna exhibition and I've never seen anything like this before - a cohesive set of Madonna's. I noticed a lot of pictures that had a similar theme - Jesus dying on the lap of 4 Maries. What was nice was that except for pictures of a few patron saints, the entire top floor was devoted to portraits of Mary. So much so, that I spent more time than I had hoped to.

I honestly recommend this to folks! If one can go on the crappy boat ride, this is so much more worth it!

Check Prague Hotel Deals