Continental Airlines

United States

Continental Airlines Reviews

hayley499 hayley499
great airline Mar 06, 2011
Great flight plenty of leg room

great on board entertainment

food was good you had to pay

for some drinks soft drinks are free.

staff helpfull all my flights went on time really couldnt fault this airline.
montecarlostar montecar…
The best US airline IMO Jan 06, 2010
Continental is the airline that I use the most because of my proximity with Houston and also because of their many flights to Mexico. I don’t have much experience in other US airlines, but the little that I have flown with American has been awful. Continental is rarely delayed and most of their prices are reasonable. The smaller planes are not so comfortable, but not terrible either. You’ll get a snack in most of your flights. The personnel are nice and courteous. One thing I didn’t like is that they are charging you now even for one bag when travelling within the USA and Canada. Overall, I think this is the best or one of the best options to fly within, to and from the USA.
SheLuvz2Fly says:
Posted on: Sep 26, 2010
ejames01 says:
I flew with them when I went out to Seattle. The service was great.
Posted on: Jan 14, 2010
Continental is great!!
i always fly them too

john1112 john1112
Awesome Airline Jan 14, 2010
What a better way to fly within the United States or the world, i couldnt find another rather than Continental Airlines.

Everytime i go somewhere my first selection is to choose Continental Airlines as they have a friendly service, they are always on time, good on board entertainment, meals on meal hours or long flights, pillows and blankets free of charge, nice looking, clean and new fleet, and above all friendly staff, service they provide is exceptional.

Also airport service, waiting areas and boardings gates are modern and state of the art airport facilities.

if you ever get the chance to fly somewhere consult first with the experts and choose the better airline.
Continental Airlines boarding gate…
Continental Airlines aircraft at "…
Continental Airlines.
Africancrab Africanc…
Flying Continental to Fort Lauderdale Oct 12, 2009
The much anticipated Fort Lauderdale meet-up was being organized by Joanne (Flyinhigh) in honour of the charming British Travbuddy Caroline (cazular). After what seemed like a really short chat with Joanne about it, I made up my mind that I would like to attend the meet-up, this of course was following my aborted trip to Banff due to medical reasons. Once the good doctor deemed me fit to live, I was excited to search for the cheapest yet most direct flight our of Tucson to Miami. It turned out it was going to be more expensive to fly into Miami from Phoenix than to fly into Fort Lauderdale from Tucson. I was elated to read Joanne’s comment telling me she would be in Fort Lauderdale that weekend and lived about 5 minutes from the airport. I’m always looking to add my miles so I searched my favourite search engine “Travbuddy” then “Kayak” then compared prices on Travelocity, Cheaptickets, and Orbitz. Tucson - Fort Lauderdale turned out $215 including taxes while Phoenix - Miami turned our $275. I live in Tucson so naturally the $215 appealed to me more. There was a problem however, the cheap price came with such a long travel time that it took the wind out of my little travel wings, so back I went to the drawing board.

Airlines now: I picked up my more rewarding travel carriers, Continental, US Airways and Southwest. I had to drop Southwest immediately because their fares came nothing close to what I had in mind, and they would not get me to my destination. So I had to choose between Continental and US Airways: Continental gave me both a good fare and a more direct route out of Tucson, what I did not like was the departure time (5.00 am). I bought my ticket three weeks early and got a decent price with an un godly departure time of 5:00 a.m. in the morning for a total of $221.39 including taxes. My itinerary included departing Tucson on Aug 21 at 5.05 a.m., arriving in Houston (IAH International) at 9:33 a.m. with a total OnePass miles of 937. Change planes in Houston, departure from Houston at 10:55 a.m. arrival in Fort Lauderdale at 2:37 p.m. earning another 1,902 OnePass miles, not bad huh! My return leg was just as comfortable leaving FLL on Aug 24, at 3:32 p.m. arriving in Houston at 5:15 p.m. after a fourty minute layover, change planes and depart Houston at 5:55 p.m. arriving in Tucson at 6:19 p.m.

Well there are a few things that I would not do again:

1. Not fly that early in the morning, the flight is Continental partner carrier which is a smaller plane with smaller seats (quite in convenient).

2. The plane was not very clean

3. Delayed departure out of Houston

The positive part is that my flight to Houston was flawless and on time. In-flight service was great, I actually got coffee and a decent sandwich on the Houston-Fort Lauderdale segment.
Africancrab says:
Thanks Sarah, I'm not a morning person, being the night owl that I'am I really struggle with my mornings. Yes I do hope people do not wake up that early for travel. Maybe if you keep the fares the same we would all have to choose better hours huh? ha-ha!
Posted on: Oct 13, 2009
sarahsan says:
I´m glad to hear that you will not travel that early again. Hopefully more people will think like you so people like us does not have to go to work so early!
Posted on: Oct 13, 2009
Africancrab says:
Yes I agree with you. I could not sleep that mean I had an extremly long day considering Florida is on a different time altogether. The smaller planes are a nightmare indeed. But the larger plane was good, I did not like the delays
Posted on: Aug 25, 2009
yadilitta yadilitta
Continental Airlines Feb 24, 2009
I have flown with Continental Airlines several times. I used them to fly for long distances and also for domestic flights in the USA, even tried the business class, hehe. And once with a small plane. It was a bit scary, but the flight attendant was fun and friendly.

Most of the times I have flown to the USA, I did it through Houston and Continental has a direct flight from LIM-HOU.

They are not a budget airline, but they are not too expensive either.

Here there is what I like from Continental:

-they have a direct flight from Lima to somewhere else besides busy Florida.

-the crew is helpful, although not very communicative with the passengers.

-the people working in the counters at the airports are helpful. Once I missed my flight and the girl really helped me to board the next flight. And once their flight was delayed and I'd miss my connection. So they took care of everything and booked me for the next day.

-well, service in business class is very good. Free drinks and good food.

-they are also members of the skyteam, so I can earn miles with them.

-their website is very good and works perfect.

-when you are checking in at the airport, you can choose an earlier departure.

-they serve food international & domestic, which is ok.

things that I don't like very much:

-well, the tickets are not very cheap.

-the penalty for changing the dates and hours are expensive!

Differences between domestic and international:

-Baggage fee: International free, Domestic you have to pay a fee if you are checking a bag.

For business flights I always fly with Continental and no complains at all. In fact I have flown with them because of fun too, but just short distances.
yadilitta says:
really? hahaha. Well, I have no complains about Continental or their pilots ;)
Posted on: Feb 24, 2009
llindsay says:
yah for continental. I hear they have some pretty good pilots there too ;)
Posted on: Feb 24, 2009
SirHenri SirHenri
Flying Continental Airlines to Houston IAH Jul 28, 2009
I've been many times to Los Angeles, California and keep flying different airline companies and airports. This time i choose to fly Continental from Amsterdam to Houston. The was a first timer for me. Continental airlines seems to be very good and the staff is friendly. Also Continentals fleet is up to date. All there Boeing 777 are equipped with AVOD Audio Video on Demand which is very nice.

Houston Airport: I would like to say one of the nicest airports to transfer. The Immigrations officers are very polite and nice as well as the security staff. Both procedures are very Quick especially in the big terminal E.
john1112 says:
Continental is great! i always fly them

Africancrab Africanc…
Continental to Newark from Phoenix Apr 09, 2009

Great experience even thought the cost was a little on the higher side. At a little over $385 tax not included I was able to get a free portable television set, head set for music witha large selection and games which I must confess I did not play any. The service was great, the hostesses were very courteous and had genuine smiles while serving.

I particularly enjoyed the fresh salad and fish dinner served on my return leg.

I would recommend this airline to anyone who has a little extra to pay, it's worth it. Departures were on time so were arrivals: more than I can say for many other airlines I have flown.
Quest Quest
Great Airline company Apr 26, 2008
After traveling with both British Airways and American Airlines, and not exactly found them to be any good, I decided to fly Continental Airlines when going to Florida.

Let me tell you, it was the best airliner I've traveled with yet. They were on time, the crew on board were very serviceminded and sweet, and best of all, my luggage wasn't left behind somewhere....

So next time I'm flying to the States, no matter where there, I'll be flying Continental. And besides, they are for some reason the only airliner flying straight to the US. All the others go thru some airport in Europe.
john1112 says:
I always fly Continental they are great!

United States Map