Congress Hall

Congress Hall Rates and Deals

Congress Hall Cape May Reviews

grandmar grandmar
Oct 09, 2014
This hotel is a part of a hotel 'group'. Originally I was to stay in another hotel in the group - the Virginia Hotel because I was not interested in the beach so didn't need a hotel which was right on the beach. But when I emailed Booking.com that I needed a first floor room, someone called me and changed the reservation to the more accessible Congress Hall. This hotel is almost right on the beach (if you count the parking lot, it is right on the beach)

We found our way in the entrance that I could do with the scooter, and checked in. I asked the girl at the desk what time the lighthouse was open (the AAA book said 'various times') and she gave us a big glossy magazine type of book which was about Cape May but didn't have any information about the times of the lighthouse either.

We went up to the room - the hotel was built after the Civil War and is huge. We have a town view room. The elevator is very good for someone on a scooter. You go in on the first floor, and when the elevator gets to your floor, the back door opens and you can just go forward right out (instead of having to back out), Bob brought up the luggage and parked the car. They have valet parking but you don't have to use it. However if you don't use it is a long walk back to the hotel.

Each door to the room has a wooden louvered door in front of it which makes it even more difficult to get out with the scooter because there are two different doors to hold open and when I am through the door, it bangs behind me.

We had a comfortable room with a view of a beautiful Victorian house across the street. It had two queen beds which were comfortable, but I had a hard time getting to sleep because the covers were tucked in so tight that I could not pull them out. I need to be able to stick a foot out of the covers at night to sleep.

The hotel had the old style pedestal sink (with no room to put anything), and they hid the light switch on the outside of the half wall at one end of the tub. (claw foot of course). I couldn't find it and Bob had to tell me where it was.

There was good internet and I got Bob logged onto it (he took his iPad with him for the first time), and when I looked it up on the internet I found the hours for the lighthouse.
Hotel from down the street
Front door
Looking down the corridor
Bethroom - lightswitch is on the w…

Congress Hall Overview

For almost two centuries Congress hall has offered hospitality to locals and visitors alike. Located just a few steps from the ocean, in the heart of carp Mays famed historic district, Congress Hall is a haven of relaxed elegance, fun, historic charm and luxury at the New Jersey shore. Set and landscaped grounds with spectacular views of the town and the beach, Congress Hall offers a vibrant atmosphere and modern - day comforts with in the grand serenity of a lovingly renovated nineteenth-century hostelry. In the guest rooms, which range from double to luxurious suites, you'll find state of the art amenities such as complimentary hi-speed wireless Internet and flat screen television in an environment of timeless calm. The Brown Room Cocktail lounge, Cape Mays Living Room, is the hubs do Congress hall the place where guest comes together. With its large open fireplace, its fully socked marble and ebony bar and its warm, luxuries decor its the perfect place to relax. Hotel guest and the general public are welcome daily for breakfast, lunch or dinner in the two distinctive dining rooms of the Blue Pig Tavern. Its name derives from a gambling parlor sited in congress Hall in the mid-1800s. Earlier still, in the 1700s, Elias Hughes operated a tern for whalers on this site. It was the first tavern in Cape May.

Congress Hall Amenities

• Ballroom
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes