Concrete Wall

Kaesong, North Korea

Concrete Wall Kaesong Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
A concrete wall or propaganda? May 04, 2010
According to North Korea, there is a concrete wall that runs for 240 kilometers (around 150 miles) from east to west of South Korea. They claim it was build by, what they call, the "south Korean puppet clique at the instigation of the US imperialists".

This list line I got from a brochure I bought at the site we visited after the lunch. Because it was foggy, we couldn't see any wall at all, just lots of green hills and trees.

Inside a building, we were given a presentation by a North Korean army colonel, who showed us on a big painting what kind of wall it was and how big it was.

The supposed wall, is between 5 & 8 meters (around 16,5 to 26 feet) in height, 10 to 19 meters (around 32 to 62 feet) wide at the bottom and 3 to 7 meters (around 10 to 23 feet) wide at the top. Again, information from the brochure.

After the presentation, we went back outside to look through binoculars to catch a glimpse of the wall. I could make out something of a wall, but it could also have been an anti-tank barrier, which are placed along some section of the border.

So, the big question remains: who is telling the truth? Nonetheless, I found it quite fascinating as I could witness part of the propaganda between North & South Korea.
Panoramic view of the area
Mr Kim (left) & the North Korean c…
The North Korean colonel