Comptoir Libanis

65 Wigmore Street, London, United Kingdom

Comptoir Libanis London Reviews

Jo104 Jo104
Lebanese Arty cafe diner in shopping district Oct 01, 2015
Perfect place to escape from the maddening Oxford shopping street and enjoy some spectacular tapas and other lebanese delicacies for a very good price. I met up with my former IT work colleague Steve Stewart for a bite to eat after a long day at the office.

I was quite blown away by this place it has trendy artwork and a very vibrant feel to the place lots of mosaics and artwork on the wall. The drinks are quite interesting they do a variety of homemade lemonade GBP3.45 (regular) and its served in large glasses and very moreish yiou can also ask for a shot of vodka. We opted to share 2 mains and decided it may be too much with starters too but if you are hungry or more of you then definetly go the whole hog.

I ordered a lamb and prune tagine with butternut and roasted almonds GBP10.95, unfortunately Sarah there are peas although they may take them out and I could not taste them, served with option of cous cous or vermicelli rice. Steve ordered a Sirine salad GBP8.75 with pomegranate seeds, feta cheese and spiced lebanese chicken breast with walnuts. Plenty of food and we were pleasently stuffed at the end although we were tempted by the desserts I think I said no.

If you fancy trying your hand at lebanese cooking they even have a small souk shop selling oils and ingredients not easily come by. The waiting staff were friendly and efficient.

There are also Comptoir Libanis in other parts of London and England check out the website same great food.
Toonsarah says:
I've not been to this branch but the South Kensington one is good - ate there once with Ingrid (Trekki) before a talk at the RGS and have been a couple of times with Chris. There are plenty of dishes without peas ;-)
Posted on: Mar 27, 2017