Companion

Saint Louis, Missouri
Companion - ginger cookie
Companion - Companion Bakery
Companion - Companion Bakery
Companion - ordering at the counter
Companion - the pretzel
Companion - the pretzel
Companion - the bakery

Companion Saint Louis Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
A Locals' Place Jul 28, 2013
Companion is a St. Louis bakery that has two locations. I went to the one on Maryland Avenue in Clayton. Not exactly a convenient location if you're visiting downtown, but a true 'locals' venue. A cute place with plenty of tables to enjoy your breakfast or lunch.

While there is a menu of soups, salads, and sandwiches, plus the advertised 'best darn toast in St. Louis', I got what I went for: a pretzel. And a ginger cookie. We weren't really looking for a meal, just a snack. You order your food at the counter, it is fresh-made, and you pay before taking a seat, or 'to-go'.

The bavarian-style pretzel was okay; soft and chewy on the inside with a nice crust. And, the ginger cookie had a strong ginger flavor, and was soft, and quite large as far as cookies go.

I wasn't 100% happy with the visit, though. The guys behind the counter weren't the friendliest, and despite being $9 for the two of us, we only got two pretzels, the cookie and two soft drinks.

Companion was busy, seemingly with neighborhood regulars. Not sure I would seek it out again.
the bakery