Comfort Inn Times Square South

Comfort Inn Times Square South Rates and Deals

Comfort Inn Times Square South New York Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Good stay close to Time Square Apr 01, 2010
It was my first time in New York and I had no idea about which hotels to choose from; the only thing I wanted was to be close Time Square. I booked the Comfort Inn already 3 month before I arrived; I found that I both got a nice size room and a good proximity towards my goal of Time Square and I could accept the price of 235 dollars a day for my planned 5 days stay.

I arrived at Newark Airport and I tool a taxi straight to the hotel. The day before I left I had spent some time looking at Google maps and I had been walking the streets around the hotel; it is completely amazing what you can do today. When the taxi driver arrived at 8th Avenue I could therefore guide him the last way to the hotel and it was like I had been there before and I knew the entrance and I was amazed that the entrance still was under construction.

I found the reception behind the construction work and I presented myself to the receptionist; she was nice but could only find in the system that I had booked one night at the hotel. Luckily I had a copy of my booking and she pulled some strings and after some talk with her boss I had a room on the fourth floor.

The room looked nice, but it was smaller than I had expected. The room had a large dark wooded board covering the wall opposite the bed hosting the flat screen. All the details in the room were in brown and beige; the interior looked like a cheap IKEA copy. The bed was nice and hard, and a king size. The view from the room was not the best; I had the bus station in front of me; and a backyard full of waste. The bathroom was small but it was okay.

The hotel turned out to be situated quite nicely situated; it was close to public transportations; like bus station, metro and loads of taxis. There were also nice restaurants in the neighbourhood.

The breakfast in the hotel was not worth talking about and to my point it did not make any sense eating there anyway with so many great places to have breakfast in the city.

One thing I didn’t know or had missed was the city- and state tax on the hotel bill; I did not know that it was not a part of the price displayed on www.booking.com – it added some dollars to the final bill.

When I was leaving New York I did the mistake and booked the taxi through the hotel; it turned out be a bit more expensive than fixing it myself and I could have taken the train straight to Newark from the train station around the corner. It turned out that I was the only one in the shuttle and surprisingly there were not any traffic on the room; so it took me only 35 – 40 minutes to get there from the hotel.
The hotel
The window in the room
The room
The flat screem
Chokk says:
Thanks - I most def will do so. I checked just before I left if I could get a bargain but it was Easter week and I kept my room.
Posted on: Jun 19, 2010
Glynnes says:
WoW! $235 per night, I would expect better. When visiting NYC again, checkout http://www.travelzoo.com for last minute discounts on NYC.
Nice photos!
Posted on: Jun 18, 2010

Comfort Inn Times Square South Overview

The heart of Manhattan is home to the Comfort Inn Times Square South, a centered and convenient facility with easy accessibility to all of the key points and important destinations of the Big Apple. Wall Street is just minutes away for those who need fast accessibility to the working side of town, while the vacationers and sightseers are within walking or short commuting distance to such destinations as the Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, and the Empire State Building. The Broadway theater district is also just steps away from the lobby. Public transportation opportunities are frequent in front of the Comfort Inn Times Square South, and the airports are within 30 minutes' drive.

Each guest quarters at the Comfort Inn Times Square South offers wireless Internet access, satellite television, pillow top mattresses, and quiet comfort.

The Comfort Inn Times Square South is designed for convenience, affordability, and comfort. Guests are invited to partake in Continental breakfast each morning and are welcome to a free daily newspaper.

Comfort Inn Times Square South Amenities

• Facsimile
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Luggage Storage