Comfort Inn & Suites Galt

Comfort Inn & Suites Galt Rates and Deals

Comfort Inn & Suites Galt Reviews

sylviandavid sylviand…
Clean and nice, but overpriced for the location Mar 14, 2010
We rented two rooms at this hotel on the internet. One room for my 91 year old mother and the other for us. The choice was solely based on a relayed statement to Sylvia's father (her parents were also traveling with us, but were staying with family) that this is where we should spend the night. The recommendation was from family that lived in Galt. I found out later their recommendation was based on the (relative) newness of construction and how close it was to their home. Other nice hotels, with equal amenities and better prices were two to five miles further away from their neighborhood.

We arrived late and could see that the parking lot was largely empty. Since there was no public transportation or airport shuttle to the hotel, this meant there should be plenty of vacant rooms.

The desk clerk readily found our reservations (one king bed room and one room with two queen beds) and confirmed for me that our internet booking was the best available rate. In conversation she told me business was a little slow that night. Adjoining rooms were not available. The total for the two rooms was just over $200 US.

We unloaded our luggage and I wheeled the cart to my moms queen room first (she travels "heavier" than we do). I placed her luggage and checked the room. It was spacious, clean and tastefully decorated. We went to our king room expecting similar accommodations.

Our room was very clean. The furnishings were nice. However, some were omitted or compact in size to fit the king bed into the very small room. The end rooms facing the front of the hotel are smaller because the building is “cut in” at each end for exterior style.

We considered asking for another room and walked downstairs to the lobby. We stood for several minutes while the desk clerk was on what was obviously a personal call on her cell phone. She saw us, but turned her back and continued her conversation. We finally looked at her, at each other and walked back to the room. Sylvia wanted to get on the internet with her laptop before going to bed.. It was very nice to have complimentary wireless internet .

I quickly discovered that, when Sylvia was seated at the compact desk, I had to climb on the bed to get past her. This narrow space was everywhere in the room. Otherwise the room was nice. We don’t know why we were put in this room, in a hotel with many vacancies, unless this hotel has very few king bed rooms. That seems unlikely.

As we were up very late we missed the complimentary breakfast that ended at 0900.. We did get a cup of coffee from the pots provided for guests in the lobby As we left we observed a small shopping center , including a restaurant and gas station, which would provide most of a travelers immediate needs. No other attractions were in the immediate area.

We did not feel the room was a good value for the money. We knew in an empty motel other rooms were available but she chose to give us the tiny one. Further, we were unhappy that the desk clerk was too busy with a personal call to converse with us. We will not return to this motel for this reason.

Attentive and Nice personnel really do bring business back or drive it away. We won't be back.

room off of the lobby
Motel front
breakfast room (we missed breakfas…
missandrea81 says:
;) I like reading about other hotel stays. I usually deal with a lot before I ask to change rooms. I would have given up too after being ignored. Actually, that has happened to me before. :)
Posted on: Feb 06, 2010
bernard69 says:
a very early breakfast!
Posted on: Feb 05, 2010
missandrea81 says:
Don't you just love crammed rooms.
Posted on: Feb 05, 2010

Comfort Inn & Suites Galt Overview

Comfort Inn And Suites is located in Galt.

Hotel Features.
Recreational amenities include an indoor pool and a fitness facility. This 2.5-star property offers small meeting rooms and business services. Wireless Internet access is available in public areas. The hotel serves a complimentary breakfast. Guest parking is complimentary. Additional property amenities include laundry facilities. This is a smoke-free property.

70 air-conditioned guestrooms at Comfort Inn And Suites feature hair dryers and irons/ironing boards. Accommodations include refrigerators and microwaves. Wireless Internet access is complimentary. In addition to desks, guestrooms offer multi-line phones with voice mail, as well as free local calls (restrictions may apply). Televisions have cable channels. Guestrooms are all non-smoking.

You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed. Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.

Comfort Inn & Suites Amenities

• Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Pool Indoor