Comfort Inn & Suites Baltimore

Comfort Inn & Suites Baltimore Rates and Deals

Comfort Inn & Suites Baltimore Reviews

JM-traveler JM-trave…
Horrible service experience, exorbitant pricing. Apr 14, 2008
We go to Baltimore once each year to visit a convention in town. Last year we stayed at the Tremont park with five people. The room we picked was a two queen suite with pull out twin. They asked us what we would like for the room prior to us arriving, and we asked them to turn over each bed, including pulling out and donning the sleeper sofa, each bed to include two additional pillows.

When we arrived, after a rather lengthy journey, all we wished to do was go to our room, unpack, and go to sleep. When we arrived there was no parking, the hotel is on a downward angled one way road. The concierge asked me for my keys, insisting that they only valet park at this location.

The check in process took over twenty minutes, and the bellman didn’t bring up our luggage for another fifteen. When we arrived at the room there were no additional pillows, the sheets were dirty, and the sleeper sofa was not made up. We called down to the front desk and requested the service we had originally asked for, only to be ignored for an additional forty five minutes.

After calling down a second time, they finally sent someone up, albeit twenty minutes later, and the man arrived with one pillow, not the seven we requested, and practically threw it at me. A third call revealed that they were out of pillows entirely?! They did however tell us to come down to get the sheet we had asked for so our fifth party member could sleep on the couch.

The next day when we were heading out to the convention I was planning on calling down to have the bellhop grab my vehicle from valet, but stopped myself whilst looking out the window towards the street to discover my vehicle had been moved a total of about eight feet.

After a long day at the convention and returning to the hotel after dinner, the room had been left the way we asked them to leave it, which is about the only good thing I have to say about this hotel. However they still did not have any more pillows, nor did they have someone capable of coming up and setting up the sleeper sofa with the appropriate bedding that we requested. So again our fifth compatriot had to sleep on a couch with one pillow and a blanket.

In the morning on our day of departure, we decided to have breakfast at the hotel then depart rather than try to find somewhere in town. They had two women working the café/restaurant area, whom apparently could not be bothered to be more than five feet from each other at any given moment. We assume one was training the other. This resulted in four plates of eggs, one of which was made incorrectly, that took over an hour and a half to prepare. It was about this time that I went to the front desk and asked them to retrieve my vehicle, we were after all, all packed and we would be down to depart within the hour (they actually managed to park my vehicle in an actual garage the evening prior).

When asked about our stay we told them quite frankly how we felt, and that we would never be returning to this establishment. We also came to find out that they charged us an additional twenty dollars per night for the fifth person (the poor bloke whom mind you, didn’t even gain the benefit of a bed) and an additional eighteen dollar charge each way for the bellman to retrieve my vehicle from valet parking!

That's seventy two dollars for one night's worth of valet!

They refused to remove the charges, even after our protests. Unfortunately the story does not end there.

About a day later my significant other received an email regarding the quality of the stay, to which she responded accurately. The hotel manager replied within two days abhorred that the stay was so deplorable, and requested that we give the hotel another shot, this time completely on them, same accommodations same duration. Reluctantly against the urging of one of our number (amazingly enough not the bloke on the couch) we accepted, only to find out that that particular manager no longer worked for the hotel chain. When I attempted to contact her I was forwarded to the new manager who responded, and I quote; “Well, you understand there can be no guarantees,” referring to making good on their promise. It has now been three weeks and he has yet to return our call.

This hotel’s service is despicable and down right dodgy. I would recommend for all to steer right clear of the Tremont Park Hotel and any hotel affiliated with the name.

Thank you for your time, and safe travels!

Comfort Inn & Suites Baltimore Overview

Located in the heart of downtown Baltimore, only steps away from Mercy Hospital and just 1 mile from Inner Harbor. Great local restaurants and pubs within walking distance and hotel is nestled on a quiet side street. Several quaint shops and museums within the area. Hotel features a state of the art fitness center, business center, guest laundry and oversized guestrooms. Free continental breakfast daily. Suites and studios with full kitchesn and living areas for extended stays.

Comfort Inn & Suites Amenities