Comfort Inn Ramsgate

Comfort Inn Ramsgate Rates and Deals

Comfort Inn Ramsgate Reviews

planxty planxty
It needs a little TLC. Aug 13, 2017
If the reader has been following this journal they will know that I had, at very short notice and unbooked, gone down to the Folk Week in Broadstairs as it is undoubtedly my favourite festival anywhere in the world and one that I have played at for well over 20 years. I missed 2016 after much soul-searching as I was on a brilliant roadtrip with TravBuddy member Ravenswing in Canada and which will hopefully form the basis of a separate journal entry whenever I get time. I was not booked to play in 2017 as I was due to be back in Canada but for various reasons that plan dropped out at the last minute so I thought I'd go back to my "spiritual home".

Accommodation in Broadstairs during Folk Week is utterly impossible as people book year on year and I am really too old to sleep in a campsite given the vagaries of the British weather. The best I could do from a very limited range of options was the Comfort Inn in Ramsgate which is about four miles distant from Broadstairs. In fairness, it is a lovely walk along the cliffs and I have done it many times but this time I jumped a bus from my first unscripted gig to get there although that did involve quite a trek up a seemingly never-ending flight of steps as I had stayed on the bus too long and ended up down on the seafront.

The Comfort Inn is a very old fashioned British seaside hotel from the days when such premises were still popular and it shows. I arrived when it was getting dark and didn't have too much of a look at the outside but a wander outside for a smoke the next morning indicated that it really did need a lick of paint at the very least. Given the weather on this part of the coast in winter I am not surprised but the longer they leave it the worse it will get.

I went to reception to be greeted by a charming young lady who very efficiently confirmed my reservation, issued my key and gave me comprehensive directions to my room which regrettably turned out to be at the rear of the premises and therefore afforded me a panoramic view of the carpark rather than the sea!

In fairness, I cannot fault the room at all. It was clean, tidy and well made up with a comfy bed and as much hot water as you could want with a decent pressure even at the time of the morning where there is most demand for it.

I had breakfast included in my tariff and although it is a meal I rarely take I fancied a cup of coffee and headed off to the dining room which was part of the San Clu bar / restaurant. It was effectively the continental buffet style affair although with a few British twists like muffins and hard boiled eggs. Hot breakfasts were available at a supplement and the couple I saw served looked very good but I did not bother. Everything I had was very good so no complaints on that front.

A quick wander for a smoke break outside after breakfast revealed a wonderful sea view and a well- tended beer garden area to the side of the premises.

The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout and, as with the room, I can find no fault with the hotel itself other than that it could really just do with a little bit of TLC as it certainly has the location and huge potential to be something really special. I would have to recommend it especially if you can get a last minute deal as I did as it would qualify as being expensive for what it is at walk-up rates but it certainly did the job for me at the price I paid.
planxty says:
Victor,

I know people laugh at me but I believe in a vague concept of "travel gods" and they rarely let me down. I just seem to get lucky more often than not.
Posted on: Sep 05, 2017
vicIII says:
Hello, Fergy! I see good fortune is on your side...
Posted on: Sep 04, 2017

Comfort Inn Ramsgate Overview

This 3-star hotel in Ramsgate is centrally located.

The Comfort Inn Ramsgate caters for families with children offering babysitting / child services. If access is a concern, prospective patrons will be glad to know the hotel offers mobility and wheelchair access for an inclusive experience. Hotel amenities include a business centre, a beauty salon and meeting rooms. Facilities include laundry facilities, a dry cleaning service and a safe-deposit box. Dreamland Margate, Turner Contemporary and Scenic Railway are within a 20 minute drive from the hotel.

St Peter's Church, Hartsdown Park and St Mary's Church are within driving distance of the Comfort Inn Ramsgate. The location of the hotel allows guests to easily reach many places of interest on foot. Ramsgate Maritime Museum is less than a 20-minute walk from the hotel.

Comfort Inn Amenities

• Wheel Chair Access
  • Salon
  • Massage
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • En suite