Comfort Inn (Kungsbron)

Check Stockholm Hotel Deals

Comfort Inn (Kungsbron) Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Smaller than narrow Jun 17, 2010
Let me first state that visiting Stockholm this week was far from normal and I have been coming there almost every week this year. It was the week of the royal wedding and I had never seen so many people in the streets and there were hardly a room to get in town and the prices were stunning; my guess would be that they were more than the double as normal.

The Comfort Inn is a part of the World Trade Centre and the hotel is situated close to the central train station on Kungs bron. The hotel is therefore quite close to one of the liveliest areas in the city with many bars and nice restaurants. The hotel is also next to the casino, which really helps when you want a taxi to find the hotel, and besides that also a jazz club. When you order a taxi from the hotel be sure you order it from the reception; they should give you either Stockholm Taxi or Taxikurir which can be trusted. There are enormous amounts of pirate taxi that will charge you crazy amounts for driving you.

The hotel is a typical cabin hotel with very small single rooms of which I had one where I hardly could open my suitcase. The room was very small; it was as broad as the length of the bed. They had even managed fill the room with a small desk with a chair, and a closet which open sidewise and even a relax chair. I could hardly fit my bags in the room but surprisingly I didn’t feel that the room was uncomfortable. There was actually also an extra bed handing on the wall opposite the small TV; staying two persons in the room would be truly claustrophobic.

There was rooms for up to 4 people and I guess it would be a great hotel if 4 people sharing a room; on an expensive day like this period you could get a room like that for 200 €. Judging by the noise from some of the rooms some of them were rented out to young girls having fun in Stockholm.

The hotels serve a breakfast in a large room next to the reception, where they also host people coming from outside the hotel. The breakfast was good with a large number of different choices. I only had one issue and that was the egg shells in my scrambled egg which I didn’t appreciated. The concept is one that is well known in Sweden; you get a tray and them you take what you need from the buffet and you have to clean up after yourself afterwards.

If you bring your car like I did, this time due to a pilot strike in Sweden, you can park around the corner at the World Trade Centre where the hotel holds 20 parking spaces, just beware of the price which is 25€ for 24 hours, but it is comparable to all mayor cities I think.
The whole room
The whole room
The window and my car outside on t…
The narrow closet
Glynnes says:
Thanks for sharing your review and photos.
Posted on: Jun 18, 2010