Comfort Inn JFK

Check New York Hotel Deals

Comfort Inn JFK New York Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Old hotel that had seen its best days years ago Apr 25, 2013
I had via my travel agency booked the Comfort Inn JFK as my hotel for the night while I was getting from Copenhagen to Orlando trip and I was absolutely not impressed. First of all you always get the look of hell when you enter a taxi in the airport and that you want to be driven to an airport hotel but that is what it can be.

When I arrived at the hotel I could see from the taxi that this was a hotel that had seen its best day years ago but what is booked is booked. The entrance was a half floor down under street level – and I did as many of the other guests did, I took the handicap route with my bad down the reception. The guy behind the reception desk was quite okay. He was talking in the phone when I entered but he was finished soon after. He quickly found my reservation and started to explain about the breakfast.

It turned out that I was booked in a smoking room, which could not be because I really hate that. Luckily there had been another guy there just before me wanting to exchange rooms the other way. I had gotten really pissed if I had to stay in smoke room because that is plain awful. I was given a room on the 4th floor and there was one elevator to get up there. One up in the hall I again got confirmed that they had better times before. Many of the other guests were watching TV and the noise in the hall was quite loud.

I found my room, 405 and entered a small room that featured a king size bed that would make rest of day. There was a small desk and a well working Wi-Fi that probably was the best part of the stay next to the bed. The furniture was old but there was a flat screen on the wall. The door in to the room was not really fitted well there was a clear light passage coming from the hallway when I closed the light in the room.

The hotel room did not have a minibar but there were vending machines next to the reception. The hotel had no food but they had information about 5 or more takeaways that would deliver shortly after. The bathroom was fair and in the style that you see in old hotels in the States; the low bathtub and the shower that will make the whole bathroom wet before you find the right temperature. The room had air condition for the warm summer but I enjoyed sleeping with an open window in stead and it was not too noisy.

I ordered some food from one of the recommended takeaway’s, JFKpizza.com and the food was quite okay and more than plentiful; I had forgotten the sizes of the portions in USA. The food came quite fast, it took not more than 25-30 minutes before they called from the reception and I could go down and pick it up and pay in cash.
The room
The bed
The entrance of the room
The bathroom
Chokk says:
I guess it is because of the Airport - but quite funny I agree
Posted on: Apr 27, 2013
spocklogic says:
Surprised to find smoking rooms still exist - It seems to be banned everywhere else. Not taking sides and the air we breathe in cities is bad for health too, but nobody does anything about that! Anyway, what's with the JFK theme in the neighborhood here?
Posted on: Apr 27, 2013

Comfort Inn JFK Overview

The Comfort Inn JFK offers budget accommodation, rooms with flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi. Airport transfers, dry cleaning, wake-up service and laundry service are available on request. The hotel also offers a concierge, a safe-deposit box and a business centre. For an easy and effortless check-in and departure experience, take advantage of the Comfort Inn JFK's express check-in/check-out facility which minimises the usual hassles leaving you with more time to enjoy your holiday.

Families can rest assured there is enough space for them to spread out in the specially designed oversized family rooms. Amenities featured in the rooms include cable / satellite channels, tea and coffee making facilities and a safe. If access is a concern, prospective guests will be happy to know the hotel offers wheelchair access. All rooms are air conditioned and come with an iron, a coffee maker and a telephone.

The Church of the Resurrection, St. John's University and Maple Grove Cemetery are within driving distance of the Comfort Inn JFK. Belson Stadium can be reached with a 20 minute drive. Friendly front desk staff are available to provide assistance to patrons, happily handling any requests or questions during the course of your stay. Jamaica Chamber of Commerce Building, Queens Library and Prospect Cemetery are a 10 minute drive from the hotel.

Comfort Inn JFK Amenities

• Desk
  • Ticket Service
  • Facsimile
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower