Comfort Inn Akron

Comfort Inn Akron Rates and Deals

Comfort Inn Akron Reviews

FishAtHeart FishAtHe…
The Unusually Funny Toilet Place! Jul 08, 2008
The Comfort Inn - Arlington Road just off I-77 south of Akron is just an average hotel. The lobby area is very nice, and the people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The "free" breakfast area was rather congested, but served up a nice continental breakfast. There was a computer in the lobby to check email and a small conversation area that had comfortable seating.

Our room was on the second floor accessed by an elevator or nice wide stairs. The steps were carpeted, and there seemed to be more room in the stairwell.

Once inside the room, my first impression was "nice," but upon further inspection I wasn't too sure the cleaning crew had vacuumed recently or thoroughly. A build up of dust was found around the baseboards and in the corners. The bathroom tile floor was the same way. The shower curtain also seemed unclean with hair and stains. The bathroom itself was rather large compared to other rooms I've stayed in. The set up to this room put the bathroom angled in the corner, and no closet area. Instead a cabinet was alongside one wall doubled as storage/closet.

The funniest part of this whole room was the toilet! When flushed, the toilet "wailed" like a siren! Not just from little usage, but everytime it was flushed. I found this so amusing especially because my husband is a fireman. There was no "secrecy" for trips to the bathroom! I'm not sure toilets in other rooms "announced" their usage, but I found this to be very entertaining.

The beds were not bad. My husband and I aren't used to sleeping in a full sized bed, but we were so tired and the mattress was OK that the lack of space didn't bother us. There were typical hotel pillows - small and kind of thin. I used two of the three on the bed.

This hotel is not located in a resort area, but an average place to stay overnight while visiting the area. It is located back off the busy street so it was quiet. There are restaurants within easy walking distance, and a WalMart is located next door in case you have forgotten anything. Parking seemed rather limited. If you are pulling a trailer, there isn't much area to park within the hotel grounds. We were hauling a trailer and found the WalMart parking lot to be easier to manuever.

My recommendation - this Comfort Inn is OK for a night or two. Hopefully, the cleaning staff will work a little harder in the rooms.
Larger Than Most Rooms - Bathroom …
Double Bed Room
Looks like a regular toilet, but o…
PhinsAndGills says:
Posted on: Jul 08, 2008
PhinsAndGills PhinsAnd…
A room with a Fire Siren Toilet Jun 27, 2008
This Akron hotel is near popular area attractions and points of interest, including the Soap Box Derby, Adventure Place, the University of Akron, Stan Hywet Hall, the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the Blossom Music Center.

I gave the hotel two stars. One star for clean sheets and one star for clean towels.

When I went into the hotel, I was pretty optimistic. The lobby was bright and clean. The breakfast area looked nice.

The first strike against this hotel was the cleanliness. The walls were stained and dirty. I visited in late June and there was a small gathering of dried fall leaves in the corner of the room. The batroom floor was dirty. The shower curtain had hair and what looked like a blood stain on it. YUK!

The best part was the fire-siren toilet. When you flushed the toilet, it honestly sounded like the siren on a firetruck. rrrrrRRRRRRRRrrrrrrr It was LOUD! I'm sure neighbors and people in the hall could hear it. It did that until it was filled. Being my father is a fireman, we found it to be amusing.

However, if I'm paying $85 a night for a hotel room, I don't want the toilet announcing that I'm done taking a poo. When staying in Akron, I would recommend finding a different hotel.
Comfort Inn - Arlington Road
FishAtHeart says:
How unique - a flushing siren! Might be something parents could use to entice toliet training?
Posted on: Jul 07, 2008
LatitudeAdjuster says:
Sorry I missed that.
Posted on: Jul 07, 2008

Comfort Inn Akron Overview

Comfort Inn Akron is located in Akron, close to Firestone Country Club. Additional area points of interest include Portage Lakes State Park and Derby Downs.

Hotel Features.
Recreational amenities include a spa tub. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in public areas. The hotel serves a complimentary continental breakfast. Guest parking is complimentary. Additional property amenities include coffee in the lobby.

There are 60 guestrooms at Comfort Inn Akron. Refrigerators and microwaves are offered. Bathrooms feature hair dryers. Wireless Internet access is complimentary. Guestrooms offer complimentary local calls (restrictions may apply). Televisions have satellite channels. Air-conditioned rooms also include irons/ironing boards.

You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed. Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.

Comfort Inn Amenities

• Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Spa/Jetted Tub
  • Family Room
  • Free Parking

Related Travel Blogs About Comfort Inn Akron

It always rains in Chillicothe on the 4th.
Now for the big day in Chillicothe.  The Gazette did a very nice write up of the show with pictures at:…Comfort inn, which was MUCH nicer than Akron ’s.   I’ll write a full review and attach it.   We were…

Check Comfort Inn Rates and Deals