Comfort Hotel Boersparken

Comfort Hotel Boersparken Rates and Deals

Comfort Hotel Boersparken Oslo Reviews

Nory Nory
Quiet, clean, average Mar 16, 2011
I thought about what I actually have to say about this hotel, and the truth is: there's simply not much to say.

From the positive aspect: it is quite central. From the location aspect, it is really great. But then again, there are many central hotels in Oslo, and even some hostels, or cheap hotels.

The room was nice, seemed clean, had a nice bed, clean shower and toilet, a TV, a table and phone. As many hotels in northern Europe, the rooms are not air conditioned. Beware of this fact if you happen to travel to Norway during a heatwave.

The room included breakfast which was one of the poorest, most basic breakfasts I have ever eaten in a European hotel; I had much better breakfasts in cheaper hotels.

The price is pretty average for Oslo (Which means quite expansive) and what you get is pretty average as well.

I'd recommend looking around a bit before booking, I imagine the prices you'd find will be the same, if you wish to get a better breakfast I'm sure you'd be able to find that elsewhere for a similar price. In a city as expansive as Oslo a breakfast which is included in the room's price is a big deal for me, since a full breakfast in a cafe' or restaurant may cost up to 100 US $.

One thing I can say is that since this hotel is a part of a big chain, reliability is one thing that is almost guaranteed here: Problems of overbooking or mistakes which are more common in some cheaper hotels or hostels are unlikely to happen here, from my experience.
dieforu says:
good to know next time can choose this one;-)
Posted on: Mar 17, 2011
goyourownway goyourow…
Good location and breakfast. Basic room. Sep 11, 2011
N59° 54' 33.94", E10° 44' 51.48" Convenient to the train station because of our late connecting Flytoget from/to Oslo-Gardermoen airport, we slept for two nights in May of 2011 in room 810. Arriving on Friday midnight the room was hot and we struggled to open a window to let fresh cool air in. Ventilation kept on being a problem during our stay. The room was small and basic and so was the bathroom. No amenities. The bed was good. The room looked clean. We paid the average European price for a hotel room. Giving the average quality of the room, we were pleasantly surprised with the good breakfast.
MikeHamilton MikeHami…
Sep 08, 2010
The Comfort Hotel Boersparken Oslo is a good budget choice very near the train station and the Karl Johans Gate walking/shopping/eating area. It wasn't supposed to be the best neighborhood, known as being the "red light district" but you could have fooled me. The neighborhood seems great. Lots of dining choices and easy access to transportation.

The rooms are nothing fancy, in fact quite small, but that is the norm in the area. Especially for a budget level hotel. The room is clean, the staff helpful, and the breakfast is good.

If I were travelling with my wife I would probably find someplace nicer, but for me travelling on business it is just fine.
Hotel Entrance
delsol67 delsol67
Comfort but, the little extras you may not want May 02, 2008
The hotel is in close proximity to the train station. This can be a pro or a con. As of my visit there was still a problem with prostitutes. They roam the areas that surround the train station. They can get aggressive. Ok, one more thing. I also witnessed drugs being prepared for use and being used in this same proximity. That was a first for me!

Back to the hotel. It is a nice hotel. A pleasant lobby with very friendly staff. The rooms are large and clean. There are large windows to open for a breeze. The bath is of average size and clean. The bed was good but not really comfy.

Breakfast is not included.

Once inside the hotel, safety was never a concern.

As of my writing this review (August 13, 2009), prostitution in Norway is now illegal. I don't know how/if this has changed their presence.

For Oslo, this hotel is a good value. I can only hope for a change in the laws/enforcement to protect tourists from these issues / potential dangers.
Across the street
Just down the street. The new musi…
On the Harbor

• Facsimile
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower