Comedy Store

www.comedystore.co.uk - +44 20 7839 6642

Comedy Store London Reviews

missmzungu missmzun…
Jan 01, 2008
If you think of London and entertainment, the West End and its musicals is probably the first show you think about. I love stand-up comedy, so I had a slightly different approach. We went to the famous Comedy Store where a lot of British comedy stars were born. A large number of them made it to the show 'Who's line is it?', broadcasted on the BBC.

The show playing that night was called 'The cutting edge'. We went there on the 1st of January so obviously the topics were all 2007 related, a kind of summary. I don't remember all the names of the comedians (they were 6). But I recall Paul Thorne, a very funny man. I'll see if I can find the other names.

They improvised a lot and they have a great interaction with their audience. The place itself is very inviting and you will feel at ease immediately. If you want, you can eat before, during or after the show. For £6 you can eat a cheeseburger, if you're more into sweets a chocolate brownie for £2 will satisfy you appetite.

Of course you can also drink something: wine, beer, spirits, soda, everyting you may want! After some drinking you might want to go to the bathroom. There are boxes build into the toilet, so you won't miss a second of the show.

Great place, easy to find...I had a great time!

Check London Hotel Deals