Columbus

Strandweg 47, Scheveningen, Netherlands

Columbus Scheveningen Reviews

Suusj Suusj
Columbus Oct 13, 2013
Walking down the beach and the boulevard makes one hungry. So we checked out a couple of menu’s and decided on Columbus. The menu says that they try to use as many organic products as possible so I was game!

We opted for a place next to the window. Part of the sealing is made from glass and can be opened on a sunny day. As this day was a sunny October day we got a lot of sunshine which I like!

I ordered, no surprise here, a tomato soup which was delicious! My husband had a chicken salad. We also ordered drinks which cost €3.-… After our lunch I ordered a mint tea.

Columbus is expensive but you are eating at a high end place. Overlooking the boulevard of Scheveningen, the beach and the sea. Overall we paid €25 for lunch and 3 drinks

I liked the food and service was friendly, though a bit inexperienced. For example, our drinks came a bit late. Not before our food but still a bit late and no one came up to us after I finished my tea to ask if we wanted anything else.

I was looking around on the internet, because I forgot the name of the restaurant but wanted to write a review. I came across a couple of review websites and overall Columbus get’s a six out of 10. Most of the time people review their dinner. Chips/fries and salad has to be ordered separately!! (it says so on the menu …) so be aware of that and it will cost you €3.50. That is €3.50 for the salad and €3.50 for the fries/chips…

I don’t agree with al of it. I would give Columbus a 7.5 out of 10. I do think there are better places to have lunch or dinner in Scheveningen though I wouldn’t mine lunching again at Columbus.
Tomato soup