Columbus Sports, Vacation, and Boat Show

(614) 299-1008

Columbus Sports, Vacation, and Boat Show Reviews

FishAtHeart FishAtHe…
Feb 10, 2008
Looking for something to do? For a weekend in February, the Expo Center on the grounds of the State Fairgrounds is home to the Columbus Sports, Vacation, and Boat Show. The latest campers, RVs, boats, hunting and fishing equipment, and vacations (mostly outdoors - fishing)are featured. One can also find the latest equipment for fishing, hunting, boating, ATVs, camping, and so much more. Some displays are interactive, and there are several demonstrations throughout the weekend.

My husband, daughter, son-in-law and myself stopped to talk with a nice couple at a booth for white water rafting in West Virginia on either the New River or the Gauley River! After speaking with them for 10-15 minutes, we are interested and will be booking a long weekend for summer! Stay tuned for the blog!

Ohio State Parks are wonderful destinations for anything from camping, fishing, boating, swimming, hiking, picnics to just relaxing. Many offer cabins, lodges, campsites, and rental facilities. There were employees to answer questions and steer you in the right direction for what you want. The Ohio Department of Wildlife has several publications that are helpful in planning a day trip or attending a special activity. Both of these are great for family vacation planning!

Climb aboard! Many boat dealers let you "try out" (just sitting in the craft makes you begin dreaming of summer) the newest watercraft. No pressure sales here, just information and an invitation to visit their store. Pick up literature and begin thinking of your warm weather plans!

With two building full of vendors and the latest products, why not look up this show or something similar! A great, reasonable family activity! Be sure to check for internet offers on discounted admission! This event was held Feb. 8-10, and continues to be a popular show in central Ohio.
PhinsAndGills PhinsAnd…
Feb 10, 2008
I have to honestly admit, when Dad called up and asked if Dan and I wanted to go to this Columbus Sports, Vacation, and Boat Show, I wasn't overly excited. While I enjoy a fun day on the lake, we're not considering buying a boat AT ALL and I figured it was all about looking at new boats. *yawn* But, I'm always up for an afternoon with Mom and Dad and I wanted to get out. So, we agreed to ride along.

I'm glad I went. While I still am not going to buy I boat, I got MANY good vacation ideas. I talked with a company out of West Virginia that runs white water rafting trips. I hope to write a review about them after this summer! :) I also picked up some information on really beautiful and remote getaways in Canada that would make a very peaceful weekend. I really had no idea that there were so many "driveable" vacations for me here in Northwest Ohio.

There were many displays of campers, boats, trucks, touring vans, and about anything else to do with vacation. Dan and I bought some extremely reasonably priced bike-backpacks (as I'm planning to do a lot of riding this summer). Mine is very uncharacteristically bright pink, but it's a great size and perfect style for riding.

All in all, I'd go back next year. Mom and Dad had $2 off cupons, making admission only $5 a person, which I felt was worth it.

No pictures... sorry about that. I guess I didn't think I'd want a camera. That'll teach me...

By the way, if I win the lottery or get a HUGE promotion, I'm buying a pontoon boat. See you on the river! :)

Check Columbus Hotel Deals