Columbus Antique Mall and Museum

239 Whitney St., Columbus, WI, USA

Columbus Antique Mall and Museum Reviews

esterrene esterrene
Not the museum I thought it would be.... Jun 03, 2011
I saw official signs from the highway about a "Christopher Columbus Museum" and figured that since I was stuck in Columbus, Wisconsin today and had no plans to do anything else that I would check the museum out..

When I pulled up to the building that was suppose to be the museum I was confused because all I saw was a large Antique Mall and a sign that now said "Columbus Museum" which, in my book, are two different things..

inside I didn't see anything mentioned about where the museum was located, though there were plenty of columbus references in the main room. After wandering through the building I found the "Museum" upstairs and too the side.

And it had very little to absolutely nothing to do with Christopher columbus.. A bunch of photos from an old worlds fair, I guess someone from town had a connection to the 1893 world fair, and random objects with no explanation that some how reflects something to do with Christopher columbus..

There was no order and no information. In my opinion this is NOT a museum but a small collection of random items that was meant to lure people to an Antique Mall..

If you enjoy antique malls, and sometimes I do, then you would probably enjoy this, but don't be fooled by the "Museum" status.

I didn't actually expect a museum with authentic items from Columbus's voyages, but I thought and hoped that maybe there was an interesting exhibit of information, culture, history or something educational in a campy small rural town way.

Check Columbus Hotel Deals