Columbia Icefield Tour- Brewster Excursions

  based on 2 reviews   write a review

Banff, Canada

Columbia Icefield Tour- Brewster Excursions Banff Reviews

dannyrock4 dannyroc…
31 reviews
A Tour of the Ice Aug 14, 2011
The Icefield Parkway is located between Banff and Jasper, I believe it is one on the most spectacular drives in the world, the scenery is simply stunning, but Half way through you arrive at Columbia Icefield, a glacier coming down the side of the mountain. There is a gift shop, a small hotel, a tourist information centre and a museum; you can take tours of the glacier which costs around $60. The tour itself was nice, you take a coach up to the side of the Ice, then you take a snow coach onto the Ice, the whole tour takes around 2 hours, was it worth the money? Well I do think it was slightly expensive for what you get, all you do is walk on the Ice half way up, the tour guide was excellent and knowledgeable as I asked many question about the history of the Ice. In fact what we see is only 2% of the glacier; the other 98% is covered over the mountains, if you fly over the glacier you will see the Ice field stretch for miles.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
thomas33 thomas33
1 reviews
Sep 01, 2006
Don't miss this!! Leaves from downtown Banff, stops at Lake Louise, Lake Pateo and several other places before going on to the Icefields. All day tour and well worth it!

Check Banff Hotel Deals

Banff Map
1 review
5 reviews - $130
2 reviews - $21
1 review - $69
1 review - $59
photo by: jeffy