Colton's Steakhouse and Grill

Colton's Steakhouse and Grill - Colton's

Colton's Steakhouse and Grill Searcy Reviews

williamsworld williams…
Coubntry and Good Jul 11, 2009
Taylor and I ventured to Colton’s on a suggestion from the desk clerk at the Holiday Inn. He was pretty excited about us going there, so we moseyed our way down there and had a meal. They have a pretty extensive menu including seafood, steaks, ribs and chicken. Their appetizers were pretty good as well as the desserts. My friend was disappointed that they didn’t serve Dr. Pepper, but so are many other Texans. All the Texans out there will understand that.

Overall, the experience was pretty good. The service was fast and we had a pretty good time. Our waitress was fun even though she didn’t know much about the menu and the way they prepared things. I was surprised when I asked for an un-sweet peach tea, that it was really sweet. She explained to me, “[that] the tea was un-sweet and then they add peach syrup to it, so it is un-sweet tea with peach syrup!” I thought, oh well. The food was not bad, but the green beans I ordered were less green been, but more salty bacon. I understand in the south they cook everything with a big slabs of pork, but I think these were overwhelmed by the pork flavor. The salmon I ordered was a pretty large Texas sized portion and I could finish it. The ribs Taylor ate were a little tough, but he managed to eat them with both hands. They also give you some really fresh, I believe made from scratch, yeast rolls all at a pretty good price.

The décor is interesting, looking more like a hunting lodge in the back woods with the deer heads and stuff wild animals all places throughout the restaurant. The ceilings seem quite low and I was afraid I was going to hit my head, and I am short. The floors are full of peanuts shells and all the seats were full.

I am not sure if I will ever visit another one of these places, but it is worth a one time visit.
Colton's