Colonial Restaurant

(252) 335-0212

Colonial Restaurant Elizabeth City Reviews

grandmar grandmar
Off the Tourist Track Nov 09, 2000
Low key, with a lot of local patrons - some of them very senior citizens. Very much a local place, and not fancy - no table cloths, just paper place mats. But very nice people, good service and the food was good.

The second time took our friends. There is a smoking section and they didn't appreciate the smoke from the smoking section in the non-smoking section.

The third visit, people said - oh everything there is fried. But we did not find it so. There were all kinds of people there including firemen from Hertford. There is a big mural on the wall of a stern wheeler and the words to the song "Way Down Yonder on the Pasquotank". I don't know the tune, but it obviously isn't "Swanee River"

The first time we went, they gave us corn cakes for bread. They were light flat pancakes. We had to ask what they were.

I had barbecued chicken and rice, and Bob had chicken livers which is one of his favorites. I asked for creamed potatoes, which turned out to be mashed potatoes. Bob had lima beans, and we both had salad. Bob had grape nuts pudding (custard) for dessert. It had a little of his and I couldn't eat all my chicken so I took some back to the boat.

On our second trip, our bill for the two of us was $17.42 including tip.

We had lunch here Nov 2003. I had a cup of Navy Bean soup (which was a little salty), and we both had chicken salad sandwiches and iced tea, and I had a grape nut pudding for dessert like my mom used to make us. The whole meal cost $12.38 including tip.
Colonial Restaurant