Colonial Lantern Tours

P.O. Box 3777 , Plymouth, MA, USA

Colonial Lantern Tours Plymouth Reviews

bkretzer bkretzer
Cool way to get your history Oct 16, 2008
I became a fan of walking tours back in 2000 when we took an impromptu ghost tour in Harper’s Ferry, WV. You get a good taste of local history, presented in a way that even kids like. So when I was looking for something to do in Plymouth, I found Colonial Lantern Tours on the web. They offered a 7:30 PM tour of the waterfront area. In addition to the information and exercise, they promised to do it under the light of lanterns.

I book the tour for Margo and I and we met near Plymouth Rock to start the tour. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable and I learned quite a bit about Plymouth and the Pilgrims. As promised we each got to carry a candle powered, tin lantern, which really added to the ambience of the evening. The tour lasted about 90 minutes and we saw everything there was to see in lower Plymouth; Plymouth Rock, Mayflower II (from the outside), the sarcophagus where those Pilgrims that died the first winter ended up; Town Square, Cole Hill, The Marriage Tree, and on and on.

The cost was $15 per person, and you walk most of the 90 minutes. Some of that is uphill, but it is all on paved roads. Next time we are in Plymouth we will be back for their ghost tour!
WonderDog says:
Woof! Woof! Woof!
Posted on: Oct 30, 2009
ejames01 says:
Sounds like a lot of fun. I love history too. What a good way to learn it.
Happy Travels, Ed
Posted on: Oct 30, 2009
sylviandavid says:
This sounds like a blast...Thanks for the review, Bill. I had never heard of them and it sound like such fun...
Posted on: Oct 29, 2009