Colombus Hotel

Colombus Hotel Rates and Deals

Colombus Hotel Antwerp Reviews

fawkes66 fawkes66
Comfortable and convenient for shopping Dec 21, 2009
On our way to Germany my husband and I didn't count on the terrible weather. The forecast had told us we could expect some light powder snow, but we didn't count on making our way 40 km/hour along the highway. Soon as we realized the six hour trip could easily become a fourteen houred one, we turned our directions towards Belgium.

Close to the Meir, the big shopping street in the centre of Antwerp, we found Hotel Colombus. It's across the Opera House and the bus station. The manager (owner?) of the hotel was very gracious and told us a room was ready for us. The room would cost €112, including breakfast and the overnight parking.

We were glad to have found a room so conveniently close to the shopping area of Antwerp with a parking space.

The entrance of the hotel looks good, with a breakfast area in front of the reception. At the back of the hotel is a lounge area, with a television set and a computer, which one can use, free of charge. I couldn't get the wi-fi working on my iPhone, though.

The hotel itself has 32 rooms. We were on the second floor. The elevator is really small and outdated. It's just big enough for two persons, or 1 with baggage. I didn't try my luck, the stairs looked much safer.

The room was convenient, one small double bed, two nightstands, one big desk with a television and two chairs. Nothing fancy, but clean with lots of closet space. The bed itself was terrible. The floor was sloping downwards, which made the bed stand in a weird angle and you had the feeling you would roll of if you didn't watch yourself.

No airconditioning was provided, but the central heating was blasting away. Really great if you get back from a shopping spree in the freezing cold, but quite ennoying if you want to get some sleep. I probably should have asked the reception to do something about it, but I since I haven't, I don't know if they could have done something about it.

The bathroom was kind of small, with bath and shower in the bath and a toilet. A sliding door closed off the small bathroom. The shower was great though, it looked newly installed. The toiletries and towels were of good quality and plenty.

The breakfast was good! A buffet with fresh croissants, rolls and bread, with cheese, salami, ham, cooked eggs, yoghurt, fruit (not fresh, it looked like canned fruit), dades, and fresh pressed orange juice.

I didn't get to see the swimming pool or the gym, so I can't comment on those. This hotel is convenient, if you want to go shopping, with friendly service, but they definitely need to replace the bed in room 413.

Colombus Hotel Overview

The Colombus is a charming hotel in the centre of bustling Antwerp- in the spotlights of the Opera and in the immediate vicinity of the diamond district. A warm welcome awaits you when you arrive at the hotel and the pleasant lounge is just the place to unwind or use the free guest computer. There are 32 stylish rooms- all with every modern comfort- such as mini bar- TV- telephone and wifi connection. At first sight- its imposing classic facade gives it an intimidating appearance but the 3-star Colombus hotel receives its guests with so much warmth- it dispels this impression. Situated just 500 meters away from Antwerps main train station- the hotel has 32 well-decorated and fully equipped rooms. They all feature bathroom- TV- writing desk- telephone and mini bar. Its location in the centre of Antwerp enables guests to get to the main shopping centre- theatres and other cultural events within minutes. The hotel Colombus provides Internet and modem connections- fax machine- copier as well as a printer for its guests. The hotel is situated in the centre of Antwerp- barely 300 meters away from the main train station. It is near the- Shopping Centre- Museums- Highway- Airport- Train Station- Park- Harbor- University- Subway- Exhibition Centre- Old Town. The property is located 0 mi N of ANR- Antwerpen. The hotel is located in the city centre of Antwerpen

Colombus Hotel Amenities

• Photocopier
  • Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower