Collier de la Colombe

035/55-50-41

Collier de la Colombe Meknes Reviews

baidanbi baidanbi
Wine Near the Medina and Not a Bad Restaurant Either Apr 04, 2013
Very little alcohol is served in the medina so if you want wine with dinner, Collier de la Colombe, a short distance from Place Lalla Aouda, is a good choice. Located on a quiet street just outside the medina walls the terrace dining room has views of the Nouvelle City just across the river. The pink and white brothel like decorations in the huge dining room are a little overwhelming for the few guests that occupy the space. On a Thursday evening there was only one other couple on the enclosed terrace that could easily host a bus tour. If you get bored you can watch the soccer match with the servers on the big screen TV that hangs on the high wall of the dining room.

The food is better than one would expect from such an establishment and I would go further and say that the starters (large portions that can easily feed two to three) were some of the most interesting flavors that we’ve tasted in Morocco. The harira soup, tomato based with chickpeas and a dash of heat, is served with a sweet pastry. The selection of Moroccan salads included - spinach, fava beans, carrots and eggplant, all cooked and flavorful. After such a great start we were a little disappointed with the mains - the trout meurnière was overcooked and the lamb and prune tagine was OK but lacked the depth of flavor that a slow cooked tagine should have.
Lamb with Prunes
halilee says:
I think when I go to Morocco I need you to order my meals for me, lol. :)
Posted on: May 01, 2013