Cody's Roadhouse

Cody's Roadhouse - the waiting area

Cody's Roadhouse Mattoon Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Good restaurant along the Interstate Aug 18, 2013
We were on the Interstate, going to Tuscola, to shop at the outlets when we deicded we were hungry, it was noon, afterall. The next exit was mattoon, and there were several options listed on the highway sign, so we figured we could find something there. The three of us agreed: nothing we could get at home. The first place we saw: Cody's Roadhouse.

As we walked in, we said -- at practically the same time -- that it smells amazing. The aroma of burgers and steaks on the grill filled the air. Mmm, this is going to be good. The place wasn't bery busy, and we were led to a booth in one of the dining rooms. Our waitress wasn't the greatest, having to make multiple trips because she would forget something; and it's not like they were overtly busy.

I looked over the menu (a full menu with everything from burgers to steaks to pastas and chicken and fish) and stopped at the bison burger; I love bison meat and I was happy to see this as an option. But, instead of the kaiser roll, I requested the pretzel bun, which my sister had pointed out. I also opted for the baked sweet potato rather than fries, which was an extra 50-cent charge. While we waited on our food, we ate the dinner rolls; now this is usually a favorite of mine, but the rolls at Cody's were a bit on the stale, cold side. Not something I would expect from a roadhouse.

Overall, I was happy with our dining experience at Cody's. My bison burger was cooked to my request of medium. My sister and her friend were happy with their meals, as well. Price was average; less than $10 for the meal, but I did have water to drink. I will keep Cody's in mind when I head north on I-57.
bison burger on a pretzel bun
the waiting area