Cocoon Hostel

Check Dubrovnik Hotel Deals

Cocoon Hostel Dubrovnik Reviews

tombom07 tombom07
Chic, Clean & Cosy Digs in Dubrovnik Aug 14, 2016
I was super impressed with my stay at Cocoon Hostel, located approximately a 25-minute walk from Old Town (or short bus ride away).

There was a slight problem with my check-in as my name had been booked incorrectly. Originally the guy on reception couldn't find me on his system, even though I had the correct booking references and so on (I had used the booking dot com website). He was very patient and friendly, and made the necessary calls to get to the root of the problem. It took about 5-10 minutes to get things sorted.

I was staying in a spacious 4-bed dorm, which opened onto a communal balcony and had huge lockable wardrobes (one per guest), which was a nice bonus. The rooms were secure, clean and comfortable with air con, another nice bonus especially during summer.

There were several communal bathrooms and shower rooms, all clean and with some added amenities. Free wifi (very good quality) is available to use in all areas of the hostel, and there are also some computers too.

A small kitchenette is available for guest use too, which I found useful. There is a fridge, microwave, table and chairs and more seating on the balcony. The hostel had a really nice social feel to it but not in an overbearingly loud or crazy way like some backpacker hostels can get.

Most of the guests were younger backpackers but I also clocked a family of four checking in, and some more mature backpackers. It is a great hostel for people from all walks of life no matter where you come from or where you're going.

The hostel can help organise day trips and tours, and I was able to leave my luggage there after I checked out until my boat to my next location departed that evening.

I was actually quite sad to be leaving Cocoon -originally recommended to me by somebody on Travbuddy- and was gutted that I wouldn't be coming back, as I had booked another hostel later on in the week. I would definitely go back and stay again. The value for money is really good. I don't think there can be many other new hostels of that high standard for such a reasonable price in Dubrovnik.
The rear view of Cocoon Hostel, Du…
4-bed-dorm at Cocoon Hostel, Dubro…
4-bed-dorm at Cocoon Hostel, Dubro…
gruss says: