Hong Kong, Hong Kong
2812 2226
Cococabana - The Best Dessert in Town : Creme Brulee
Cococabana - Another choice of sweets: Hot Apple Tart with Ice-cream
Cococabana - 'Cococabana' - a Beachside Mediterranean Restaurant
Cococabana - Grilled Mediterranean Sardines with rosemary butter - Luv it much - it's on fire when coming onto the table
Cococabana - Beachside Seaview

Cococabana Hong Kong Reviews

cheriecher cheriech…
Dec 06, 2007
"Cococabana" nestled in the foothills of Deep Water Bay, one of the prettiest beach in south of Hong Kong Island.

It is a ideal place to spend a long lunch or warm summer night with a nice seaview at beachside. This beautiful beach restaurant is not more than 30 minutes away from Central and Causeway Bay. It is easily accessible by car, taxi, bus and mini bus.

You may simply have a jar of Sangria (it is my favourite drink here, irresistable!!) on the veranda overlooking the beach and enjoy a beautiful sunset with a comfortable Mediterranean Atmosphere.

The Piri Piri Prawns are one of Cococabana’s signature items. Grilled Mediterranean Sardines with rosemary butter, Mackerel baked in salt crust with black olives and dry tomatoes coulis are to die for, and the Grilled Black Angus Sirloin is tender and perfectly cooked to your liking. Everything is tasty and fresh, even the bread is home baked. (Actually, I am a super bread lover and it taste marvellous!!)

A great selection of tempting desserts await you : Home Made Chocolates and Chocolate Praline Mousse Cake, and not to be missed is Home Made Creme Brulee. (I am not a big fan of sweet, I can't even satisfy without eaten TWO of them). A great way to end the meal accompanied by fine French Congnac and Italian Coffee.

Reasonable Price:

You can expect to pay around $100 for the family size starters and around HK$200 for the mains, which is very reasonable.

Superb Environment:

Comfy white cusions for seating on teak benches. Light white outdoor designed in Marseille, wooden teak floor, powdery greek white walls interrupted only by Lemon Grass and Rosemary plants Mahugary and Bamboo canopies.
"Cococabana" - a Beachside Mediter…
Beachside Seaview
Grilled Mediterranean Sardines wit…
The Best Dessert in Town : Creme B…
NiqGrool NiqGrool
Aug 09, 2007
On the south side of Hong Kong island, tucked away above the shower blocks of Deep Water Bay Beach is one of Hong Kong's best kept culinary secrets. So good in fact, I have to share it with the world!

One of the few Al Fresco dining places left here, Cococabana will take your breath away. The white furniture is set of by the wooden deck, and the whole place is lit by candles and fairy lights.

It's a very intimate cozy place, perfect for romantic dates, chilling with friends, or like me, catching up with family.

All the staff are very friendly, and the menu consists of french cuisine, complimented by a good selection of wines.

My dad and I had the grilled goats cheese wrapped in bacon, which was like little angels dancing on your tongue, I definately reccomend it.

As a main we had Boulabaisse (excuse my spelling!) and my mother had a steak. The soup was delicious and there were no complaints about the steak either!

Although the irish coffee's need a little practice, and the service was a little slow (though I'd put that down to how chilled out the place is!) I would definately reccomend anyone to go check it out. Even to go watch the sun go down and share a blottle of wine with friends, I will definately be heading back there!
travelman727 says:
Thanks for the great review! I travel to Hong Kong on occasion, but have never made it to the south side of the the island. You've given me a great excuse to plan an excursion there and wind up dining outdoors at Cococabana and watch the sun fade into the South China Sea :-D
Posted on: Aug 09, 2007