Coco Beach Island Resort

Coco Beach Island Resort Rates and Deals

Coco Beach Island Resort Mindoro Reviews

TravellinChic Travelli…
Good for weekend getaway from Manila Jun 11, 2015
This is a resort not too far Manila which could easily be visited during weekends. It gives a little luxe feel but for a cheap price.

The accommodations are mostly cottages located in the hill so some of the good cottages with great view also will need a bit of an uphill climb. Not too bad for younger people but may not be comfortable for older or too young kids.

I booked my family in family room at the ground floor which is airconditioned and doesn't need to climb. While my friend and I stayed in a separate cottage in the upper portion where we had a great view of the sea and some greenery. Pretty awesome view to wake up in the morning.

The breakfast is catered near the pool with the view of the ocean so that is splendid as well.

They have a pool but I don't remember swimming there. Some people have been swimming though and they have slides as well.

The food is good. I remember being happy with the breakfast. i'm a breakfast person.

I did some scuba diving and it was good. I was slightly surprised because I was expecting it to be just alright. It was better than expected.

We also did some boat tour for snorkeling and enjoyed it. We just had a small accident in the boat when we were told by the boatman to hold on the side while he drive it. Supposedly it will be a different experience of snorkeling. However, the risks are getting bruised/cut by corals and also by boat.

They have a band that serenades guests on their table. That was pretty cool. We enjoyed it.

They also have some games played. One game was a frog race. We didn't join it bec we arent keen on frogs but some guests enjoyed it. LoL

They also have a souvenir shop and i bought a set of pearl necklace and earrings. The price was expensive which I learned after i came back to Manila so maybe don't buy there :)

Overall, a good experience and something that doesn't cost a lot for a good and calming experience.
Beachfront romance, on a budget Apr 06, 2008
Looking for a romantic getaway? Do you like cultural uniqueness, tropical relaxation, and rustic charm... but mixed with electricity, room service, and cocktails served at poolside?

This may not be the best spot for young singles looking to meet up with locals, or if bar-hopping is your thing, but for those who want a more quiet, laid-back time, this is great!

It is important, I think, to mention that Coco Beach is a large, PRIVATE resort. It stretches across many acres of beachfront hillside property that is only for the use of resort guests. No one else can access this property. No hawkers, but no locals either. The good news is that the staff provide frequent boat transport for YOU to go to other beaches - so you can mix and mingle if and when you'd like.

I think they have about 100 rooms on the property, most of which are bamboo "nipa-huts" that are nestled into the hillside overlooking the ocean. Although much cuter than the rooms in which we stayed, these huts are actually cheaper because they are only fan-cooled. If you would like air-con, then ask for the Heritage rooms, which I thought were absolutely charming. It is not luxurious, but it is easy to feel that you are being pampered.

One side-note is that the resort staff are mostly entire local families who actually live on the premises. Each family is responsible for certain guests, and you'll get to know your host family upon arrival. I like the idea, but keep in mind that you will not be dealing with staff who have professional training in the service industry.

The staff do have daily activities planned, such as diving, boating, exploring, cooking, etc, but you could just blow all of that off, and simply hang out with staff and other guests and still have a blast. You can arrange private dinners for two in their tree top dining room, trek across their swinging rope bridge, learn to dive, go fishing, etc. They actually have a "cable car jeepney" that runs up train tracks to a hilltop swimming pool, which they referred to as the "silent pool." Unfortunately, that title really depends on the willingness of other guests to go along with that concept.

I'd go back in a heartbeat! And if you are traveling with someone whom you really, really enjoy being alone with, then this could be one of your favorite travel memories. It was for us!
It is a resort, but please obey th…
Some of the natural beauty (my par…
Singing "Where little cable cars c…
The upper pool area
judithvanderwerf judithva…
Affordable luxury by the beach - Coco Beach Jun 03, 2008
In October 2005 we spent a week at Coco Beach Island Resort at Mindoro Island, Philippines. A beautiful and laid back resort with huts made of natural materials like bamboo and nipa. No hot water for a shower but as it's very hot anyway it's a nice way to cool off (for 5 minutes...). And that´s the only reason I rated the bathroom a little bit lower!

The resort has service families. This means that original inhabitants of this bay have divided up the huts between them and look after the guests in those huts. A string is attached from your hut to theirs and all you have to do is pull the cord and some family member comes to your hut. I thought it was quite degrading in the beginning but as it turns out, they are very happy to help you with anything you need and I heard (but I'm not sure this is true) they get commission on anything you order. The menu is very funny: Bulalo (bone marrow of an old cow), Chicken Sandwich (some leftover pieces of chicken), Oriental Mix (whatever fresh vegetables we can find) or Chicken Basilicum (chopped dead chicken). And I recommend the Ceasar Salad, not on the menu but mentioned in the information leaflet you get on arrival. The chef prepares it at your table and pours his heart and soul in it.

Every morning you find a leaflet with information on what there is to do that day but it is all very optional and nobody is pushy. You just sign up or not. The best activity however is the massage!

You can reach the island by boat and if you are lucky you'll see some dolphins along the way, as we did!
Our bamboo hut with a beautiful se…

Check Coco Beach Island Resort Rates and Deals