Cochon Butcher

Cochon Butcher - mac and cheese

Cochon Butcher New Orleans Reviews

moviegal226 moviegal…
Foodie Heaven Sep 30, 2016
I'm a huge fan of chef-driven restaurants, and Cochon Butcher is foodie heaven. I visited right before the huge lunch rush hour (around 10:45 am) and the place already had a line out the door! Note that the dining room here is way too small for the crowds that show up, so expect to either wait for a table or better yet, get your food to go.

I ordered a turkey club sandwich and a side of brussels sprouts. The sprouts were insanely good and I had no problem gobbling up the entire dish. The turkey sandwich was expensive but I felt it was worth the expense. The smoked turkey was shaved and very high quality, as were all the toppings (creamy, ripe avocado, crunchy sprouts, bright tomatoes and a tasty basil aioli) and the hearty whole grain bread. I loved my meal so much that I went back again during my visit (and had the macaroni and cheese and a cold roast beef sandwich). Both meals were excellent but pricey at around $25 each (for one person)!

The ordering process is a little confusing for first time visitors. I also didn't think the service was great (waiters will bring out your drinks but I had to flag down several people before I finally got my iced tea, and I never got another much needed refill in the New Orleans heat and humidity). It would be awesome if guests could self serve their own drinks.

If you are shy and don't like sharing tables with strangers, you probably won't want to dine in. People will take any available seat, even if that means sharing a table with other diners. I was traveling alone so I enjoyed having folks to talk to, but I know some people would be really turned off by this.
mac and cheese