Clyde's of Gallery Place

707 7th Street Northwest, Washington, DC, USA
Clyde's of Gallery Place - Booths set up around the bar area. This is where we sat and had breakfast.
Clyde's of Gallery Place - Complementary cinnamon coffee cake.
Clyde's of Gallery Place - Lena's Caramelized Apple and Oatmeal Pancakes with cane sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, Vermont maple syrup and bacon
Clyde's of Gallery Place - Keith, Andrea, Lena and me
Clyde's of Gallery Place - Outside of Clyde's at Gallery Place
Clyde's of Gallery Place - Reception desk (on the right)with a large staircase leading up to another seating area and bar.
Clyde's of Gallery Place - One of many bars inside Clyde's

Clyde's of Gallery Place Washington Reviews

marksreynolds marksrey…
Grand Victorian Saloon Feb 13, 2011
Just like we have done here on TravBuddy, I set up our very first Facebook "meet-up" with a girl I met on line through Facebook, and this is the restaurant she and her boyfriend pick out to meet for breakfast. I first befriended Andrea on Facebook through one of the many game apps, and after some time I also saw they were big Washington Capitals hockey fans, and season ticket holders, even though they live in Pennsylvania. The Caps had a 12:30pm game scheduled for Saturday 12 Feb 2011, so this worked out perfect to meet them for breakfast before the game, then watch the Caps play. Lena and I were able to get tickets for the game, so the meet up was set.

We met them just before 10:00am outside of Clyde's at Gallery Place next to the Verizon Center. When they opened at 10:00am we were seated with out a reservation right a way. With a home game going on, the place filled up quickly, but they handled the rush of people very well.

After being seated, we were greeted by our waiter who was very friendly and happy to serve us. With coffee and juice ordered, and brought to us, we placed our order for breakfast.

They have a good selection to choose from which all sounded very yummy! our food came quickly and served hot, and our waiter made sure we were well taken care of!

We sat and chatted getting to know each other better, but it was like we had already known each other and had met before!! They are both very nice people, and I know we will meet up again, and maybe I can get Andrea to sign up here on TB!!! :)

I know this has become more like a mini blog, so back to the review.

Food was great, service and atmosphere was excellent, and the building itself beautiful!! Perfect location next to the Verizon Center and the Gallery Place/Chinatown Metro stop. We will definitely try Clyde's again for lunch or dinner, because breakfast was great!! Give them a try when you are ever in DC!
Outside of Clyde's at Gallery Place
One of many bars inside Clyde's
Booths set up around the bar area.…
Complementary cinnamon coffee cake.
debcon says:
I went here a few years ago. It was my first night in Washington DC and I loved it here :)
Posted on: May 30, 2011